ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - 9 months waiting

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

valdes
Newly Registered

Naturalisation - 9 months waiting

Post by valdes » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:58 pm

I applied for my naturalisation on 02 October 2013. Fees were taken from my current account 5 days later and a letter arrived fews days later to confirm that fees taken and application processing is starting. That was the last communication i received from HO. Now its June 2014 and im still waiting. Me heart bleeds reading some people here on immigration boards receiving their approval in under a month and most 3 months tops.

Im a refugee who was given 5 years initially in 2006 then i applied for ILR which i received in 2012. 12 months later i then applied for this naturalisation.

Does the immigration treat refugees different to all other immigrants? Im losing hope and stranded at same time. 2 funerals happened in outside UK which i couldnt attend this year alone. If there is a problem at least they should have sent a letter or called me. All my details which i gave them are the same. I have no criminal conviction, i have no CCJ. The only thing i have is a speeding ticket along M6 road works in 2012 which i was fined £60 and 3 points on licence.

To those in the know, is this kind of waiting normal? Each time i call im told your application is still in the process

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Re: Naturalisation - 9 months waiting

Post by babe_khyber » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:07 pm

Did you evolved your MP or not Secondly did you asked status through phone, I am the same situation as you but I have applied in Feb this year. Before submitting my application I have tried to conform the proper route for Refugees but unfortunately no body can answer the real issue even I asked the home office as well they said refugees are treated as same as normal applicant and here the immigration board is very helpful apart from refugee route Naturalisation. In my personal view if the decision maker follow the different policy then should they mention on their website. however I am still waiting as well nothing we can apart waiting.
best wishes
babe khyber