ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Possible promotion on Tier 2 general

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Eagle123

Possible promotion on Tier 2 general

Post by Eagle123 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:51 pm

Dear All,

I will really appreciate your advise on the following matter. I probably will be promoted soon within the same company and the same SOC. My role doesn't fall to shortage of occupations list. As far as I understand we will not need to reapply as my role is hardly going to change, the only change really is new more significant title (going from A to Senior A). When you are already sponsoring a migrant who wants to continue working for you in a new job within the same SOC code quoted on their CoS. They do not have to make a new application unless they are changing from a job which is on the list of shortage occupations, to one that is not. In all cases, the rate of pay for their new job must meet the appropriate rate requirements set out in this guidance. Will my employee need to inform UK Border Agency about my promotion via SMS?

Many thanks in advance.