ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

filling Passport application countersign before citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

runie80
Member of Standing

filling Passport application countersign before citizenship

Post by runie80 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:55 am

Hi Everyone.

Hope approvals are coming in for everyone and those who don't have yet will get theirs soon too.

I have received the approval for my naturalization. I am waiting for the ceremony date which is next month on 9th.
In order to save time I am completing the passport application form. (i intend to use check and send as i think its the fastest)

my referee lives lives in London which is a long drive from my place.

I am wondering if its ok to send the passport application form and pictures to referee for countersigning before my ceremony ?
would the dates cause a problem ? (having the counter signatory completing the form before the citizenship ceremony ? )

or the countersigning date must be after the date of ceremony ?
I just want to save time and if i get countersigned by my referee and then just complete the certificate number for citizenship later. would that be fine ?

any help much appreciated .

once again many many thanks for all the help. you guys are awesome !
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

leedsguy
Newly Registered

Re: filling Passport application countersign before citizens

Post by leedsguy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:51 pm

Hi, I am also in a similar situation. Did you got the countersignatures before the naturalisation i.e before completing the application fully. Appreciate your response. Thanks

leedsguy
Newly Registered

Post by leedsguy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:55 pm

-

AtulK
Newly Registered

Post by AtulK » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:03 pm

Form mentions that it has be countersigned in last specific period. (i forget the period probably last 1 month, and photo is also expected to be from last 1 month).

Countersignee has the repsonsibility to check complete form before signing. So i do not think you can put a date before the ceremony. Maybe ask him/her to leave that blank or put the date of the ceremony !

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:42 am

I dont think there is a problem if the countersignatory puts a date before naturalisation because he is dating it for the declration he is making which will still be valid before your BC ..... however I would strongly recommend to ask them to date it after naturalization to avoid unnecessary complications.

As for getting it signed before putting the details and asking to put a date in future, it all depends on your trust and relationship with your referee. My refree did it without saying anything but then we are good friends and know each other for many many years.

Also it does not really matter if you apply for passport the same day as your BC or two years later unless you have to travel urgently. IMHO wait a few days if you have to but keep it simple.