ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help needed - baby's passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Somudro
Member of Standing

help needed - baby's passport application

Post by Somudro » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:34 pm

Part A)
I got my naturalisation certificate recently. I am about to apply for passport.
My understanding is that I need to attach with my application:
1) My current passport
2) Naturalisation certificate.

Question: is my understanding right?

Part B)
I have a new born baby having no passport. I have the birth certificate. I want to apply for his passport. My understanding is that I need to send my naturalisation certificate with baby's application to prove baby's eligibility for the passport. Am I right?

So my naturalisation certificate is needed for both my passport aplication and baby's application.

Question:
1) Can I send my application + Baby's application - in the same envelop to cover both application erquirements?

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: help needed - baby's passport application

Post by shahid2000 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:37 am

You will certainly need you nat cert for both, I think you can send it in one envelope. Why don't you ask the local post office when you go to pick up the passport application forms, they will know it for sure.

majamcr

Re: help needed - baby's passport application

Post by majamcr » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:18 pm

If your baby was born before you received your naturalisation certificate, then you need to prove that you were holding ILR/PR at the time of baby's birth. In any case, you can send a joint family passport application where relevant documents are shared among applicants.