ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal against ECO decision

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

oraajt
Newly Registered
United States of America

Appeal against ECO decision

Post by oraajt » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:31 am

Hi,

I am in UK under tier 2 ICT and I applied for dependant visa for my wife & son. This was refused and I want to appeal against it. Could the gurus kindly guide on,

- Can I (main applicant who is in UK) apply on their behalf.
- I am confused as to send documents to Leicester (as their justice.gov shows) or to High Commission in Mumbai, as the refusal letter doesn't mention where to send supporting documents.
- The section 2 of iaft-2 document has date of service decision. What does this mean?
- What is CHOID reference?
- Since I (main applicant) is applying in country for dependant who is out country, do I need to make appeal as IAFT-1 (In country) or IAFT-2 (Out country)?

Thank you in advance.

dk_kk
Newly Registered

Re: Appeal against ECO decision

Post by dk_kk » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:27 am

Hi

Have you applied for tribunal appeal with iaft-2?
Please update your progress since I'm also in the same boat for my wife dependent visa.

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Re: Appeal against ECO decision

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:29 am

Hi OP,

very confused with your post.

Firstly, if you are applying for your dependants who are out of the country, you need to lodge your application in the country of their residence.
when you say apply on their behalf, you have to understand that the application will still be lodged in their home country and you can only provide supporting documents. Did your wife receive the rejection letter at her residence? Was the application made at a VFS centre?
Logically you would need to make an appeal put of country but I will leave that for the seniors to respond.