ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

from PSW to student again, Urgent help please

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stev.oxf2
Newly Registered

from PSW to student again, Urgent help please

Post by stev.oxf2 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:09 pm

Dear,

I need an urgent advice. I am on PSW which is going to expire on 15th August. I applied for Tier1 Entrepreneur visa, which was refused, and JR is in process. I am thinking to apply for T4 student visa again. I already had a PhD degree in Physics (completed in 4Years), just interested in settlement by 10Y route.

Can experts please help:
1-Can i apply for T4 again from PSW?
2- Can i get admission in other subjects, like law or any other subject, just to get visa for two or more years, required to complete 10 years?

Regards,
Stev

passion5

Re: from PSW to student again, Urgent help please

Post by passion5 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:14 pm

as u have a PHD so dropping a level down form PHd to level 6 or 7 will suspect ur credibility. my suggestion is to either go for Tier 2 or stay with ur tier 1 ent judicial review. Your student visa will be refused.

passion5

Post by passion5 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:31 pm

further plz apply for immigration in Canada or Australia, u can use ur phd degree to get good job in any country, don't waste ur time in UK doing jobs in pizza shops etc and keep ur immigration history clean, if in case u get a chance again to come UK

stev.oxf2
Newly Registered

Post by stev.oxf2 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:40 pm

passion5 wrote:further plz apply for immigration in Canada or Australia, u can use ur phd degree to get good job in any country, don't waste ur time in UK doing jobs in pizza shops etc and keep ur immigration history clean, if in case u get a chance again to come UK
Please tell me if i continue with JR, until its final conclusion, will my immigration history be considered clean then?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:05 pm

stev.oxf2 wrote:
passion5 wrote:further plz apply for immigration in Canada or Australia, u can use ur phd degree to get good job in any country, don't waste ur time in UK doing jobs in pizza shops etc and keep ur immigration history clean, if in case u get a chance again to come UK
Please tell me if i continue with JR, until its final conclusion, will my immigration history be considered clean then?
Wrong advice by passion.

JR means if not successful END OF ROAD.

u still have valid visa so apply tier 4 but phd level (take a chance to get admission in masters than see what happens) or tier 2.

U said u r looking to complete 10 years. How many months or years u r short to complete 10 years?

One more reason i said wrong advise. if JR is not successful all your spent time will go in drain or your continuity will break and no right to work in JR process.

So Advice to passion do not play with other's future. Give them right advice.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

stev.oxf2
Newly Registered

Post by stev.oxf2 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:24 pm

Zee ali wrote:
stev.oxf2 wrote:
Wrong advice by passion.

JR means if not successful END OF ROAD.

u still have valid visa so apply tier 4 but phd level (take a chance to get admission in masters than see what happens) or tier 2.

U said u r looking to complete 10 years. How many months or years u r short to complete 10 years?

One more reason i said wrong advise. if JR is not successful all your spent time will go in drain or your continuity will break and no right to work in JR process.

So Advice to passion do not play with other's future. Give them right advice.
Thanks Zee ali for ur suggestions also. I am here from last 8Y, so 2Y left. There is 8Y study cap for PhD's, which is not a problem. But there is also a condition that my new degree should also relate with previous one. So i am surprised, how it is possible, if some one want to change the field?
So can you please explain how i can deal with this relation with previous degree?

Second most important is, if i apply for T4, will JR process will finish or i have to with draw before new application? As JR is allowed, so i am still thinking that may be i will win the case.

I shall be very thankful for this.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:10 am

I think jr is seperate than the proper appeal process like (FTT and UT). U can't put new application if hearing is due in FTT and UT

u don't need to withdraw your jr and u can still able to put a new application.

As u heard in the news today that HO r very strict now specially people who already granted Tier 1 visa. As they found that most of the Tier 1 visa holders r not doing business but doing low skilled job. So they r breaching their visa condition.

As u left with 2 years i don't suggest u to look for Tier 1 (JR)at the moment.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

passion5

Post by passion5 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:41 am

I have advised as what rules are. See the guidance notes of tier 4 student visa. U will only get the visa on complus level of education as u can't step down from a higher level to a lower level. The institutes have to mention the solid reason for this in cas if u are dropping a level down like masters. I again suggest you to find a course which is a next step to ur phd like any professional development course. Bear in mind getting a Cas does not justify ur intension to study and does not guarantee ur visa as Ho think in a different way which is balance of probability.

searoze

Post by searoze » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:27 pm

2- Can i get admission in other subjects, like law or any other subject, just to get visa for two or more years, required to complete 10 years?
Yes you can apply for T4 again from PSW.

Yes you can get admission in any level of study if it proves that it is academic progress. If you are doing MBA after PHD in physics, that is academic progress.
Court of Appeal has made it clear that the term "Academic Progress" will be decided by the institute not by the HO or secretary or state. If the sponsor, accepting you is satisfied with academic progress then you should be fine
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
Please correct me if am wrong

stev.oxf2
Newly Registered

Post by stev.oxf2 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:51 pm

searoze wrote:
Yes you can apply for T4 again from PSW.

Yes you can get admission in any level of study if it proves that it is academic progress. If you are doing MBA after PHD in physics, that is academic progress.
Court of Appeal has made it clear that the term "Academic Progress" will be decided by the institute not by the HO or secretary or state. If the sponsor, accepting you is satisfied with academic progress then you should be fine
Hi Searoze,
Thank for your reply. I confirmed from a law college, they said as ur PhD is of level 8 and LLB is of level 6, so we cant issue CAS letter. Any more suggestion in this matter?