ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test preperation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

majumdar.anamitra7

Life in the UK test preperation

Post by majumdar.anamitra7 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:42 pm

Hi All,

Me and my wife have our test booked next week on 23rd July. We have got the Life in the UK official Handbook and also bought the Life in the UK Official Practice Questions and Answers (17 practice tests). We intend to pass the test first time.

Can some one suggest who has given the test recently as to whether most of the questions come from these official 17 practice tests?
How difficult is the test and is it possible to pass first time?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Life in the UK test preperation

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:17 pm

majumdar.anamitra7 wrote:Hi All,

Me and my wife have our test booked next week on 23rd July. We have got the Life in the UK official Handbook and also bought the Life in the UK Official Practice Questions and Answers (17 practice tests). We intend to pass the test first time.

Can some one suggest who has given the test recently as to whether most of the questions come from these official 17 practice tests?
My partner took it last year without buying the book, just a free iPhöne* app, passed it first time and said it was totally easy....

EDIT: *someone has a downer on Apple products....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:26 pm

I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

montysingh

Post by montysingh » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:59 am

Hello mate

I have passed my test in the first try and also completed the whole test in about literally 5 mins. it was pretty easy and i just read the book & made my own notes for history. Do not go into too much detail for inventors and the years they invented stuff and also about the sports person details or the years in which they made records. As i asked nearly all 10 people in the test centre after we all finished and none of them had any questions relating to above. The basic grasp and some common understanding of the book will do the trick.

ahz84

Post by ahz84 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:59 am

Try this link:
http://www.theuktest.com/life-in-the-uk-test/1
I used this link and the book and passed earlier this month.
If you read the book end to end and then prepare from the above test then I am sure you will be ok.

All the best.

s1344678

Post by s1344678 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:05 am

U suggest you try out http://www.lifeintheuktests.com for free Life in the UK tests. You can practice until you are sure whether you are ready to book your test or not. They have 2 modes ( Practice mode and test mode ).

Also check out this thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 66569.html

greenvilla

Post by greenvilla » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:42 am

just go through the official book twice that would be enough.
but don't buy UKCITIZENSHIPSUPPORT.COM PACKAGE FOR £29. THAT IS THE RUBBISH MATERIAL.
THNX

muhammad51472
Newly Registered

Post by muhammad51472 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:08 pm

majumdar.anamitra7 wrote:Hi All,

Hi
I have prepared the test from this free online practice website without buying the book. It is a very good website just register with your email address and you are going to receive an email every day with the summary of each chapter and practice test. Otherwise send me your email and I will forward you all the tests and questions which I have prepared from this website. Here's the link.

http://lifeuk.info/new-Life-in-the-UK-Test/

also you can find the questions for each chapter on the main page of this website.

Good luck with your test.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:52 pm

greenvilla wrote:just go through the official book twice that would be enough.
but don't buy UKCITIZENSHIPSUPPORT.COM PACKAGE FOR £29. THAT IS THE RUBBISH MATERIAL.
THNX
I would probably disagree with this.

My wife failed at her fist attempt having read the official book 4 times are going through the official questions and answers book by TSO many times. Didn't prepare her enough.

Second attempt, used the ukcitizenshipsupport.com website alone, the sample questions and simulation test questions greatly helped her and she even stated the actual test questions were very similar to the simulation tests questions. She passed using this site alone.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided