ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COUNCIL TAX

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NiceCareing

COUNCIL TAX

Post by NiceCareing » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:51 pm

I am applying for Naturalisation on form AN.

currently for last 3 months i am staying in my own flat and paying council tax.

Previously i lived in shared house in last 5 yars and landlords charged lumsum rent which always include council tax and all bills. how would HO or UKBA will see?
Would they check landlords council tax record or how will they HO/UKBA check if i was giving or not giving council tax. I have given my all address in last 5 years? Does this affect my application?

Please any one hwo know can help me ini this regard.

friday

Re: COUNCIL TAX

Post by friday » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:22 pm

I have the same concern. I have been living in a shared accommodation where I pay rent to the landlord who is living in the same house. Do UKBA check the council tax record for the house (as a whole)? I assume that if he is not paying the council tax, the council would have evacuated the house or took legal actions. He has been in this house for 15 years.

I hope someone can advice on this please.

friday

Post by friday » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:16 am

Can someone advice please. Thank you.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:27 am

Many of my friends who lived in shared accommodation had been through this... they all have got their citizenship without any query.. I assume you should be fine..

but I think they will check your residential address that you gave to see if you have lived there.. If you have registered for Electoral's during that period you should be fine but what if you were not registered for Electorals??

Can someone clarify if they do this check ?

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:00 am

As long as you dont have any unsettled amounts outstanding in your own name you should be fine.

By unsettled I mean that suppose you owe concil some money but unable to pay it in full but you have made some arrangements with the council to pay it in future and council has agreed then you will be fine.

friday

Post by friday » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:06 pm

Great. thank you very much for yout help.