ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

regarding ILR need your help amber

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU
james.2013
Newly Registered

regarding ILR need your help amber

Post by james.2013 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:06 am

Hi ,

I'm applying for ILR in March 2015. I was granted Tier 1 general on 10/04/2010. Right now, I'm self employed and own a Subway in Partnership. We started business on 23rd july 2013 and we closed our yearly account on 31st april 2014. I was working full time during my 1st extension.
I would like to declare my accounts to home office from 1st may 2014 till march 2015. there should be no problem of reaching my salary thresh hold of 20,000.

My questions:
------------
1) Can I declare my accounts from 1st May 2014 till 15th March 2015 as it is under 12 months?

2) I have done masters in "Electronics and Information Technology". As it is not related to my profession I am currently in, will that be any problem with the home office?

3) As my Accountant told that dividends can't issued on LLP. I take £315 per week from my company account towards my wage and the whole amount is treated as the self employed.

An act of kindness would be much helpful

Regards

eshaghbina
Newly Registered

Re: regarding ILR need your help amber

Post by eshaghbina » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:32 pm

Hi Amber,‎
I asked everybody about my case, they just told me ask AMBER. She knows everything about your ‎case. ‎
So I am here with a bunch of questions. It’s about ILR.‎
We are a family of 3, me, my wife and my son (8 year old).‎
Our first visa (Tier1 General) was issued on 22/06/2010. It was valid until 22/06/12. We entered the ‎UK on 10/08/2010. Less than 180 days after visa being issued. I (husband) was the main applicant.‎
The second visa (Tier2 Genera) was issued on 29/05/12 and is valid until 29/06/15. My wife is the ‎main applicant now.‎
‎1)‎ As the main applicant is switched I am not sure whether we can apply for ILR from ‎‎25/05/2015 onwards? Could you please let me know your opinion? Thanks.‎
‎2)‎ At the Tier 1 time I gave the Home Office my English Language test certificate in 2010. And ‎in 2012 my wife gave the Home Office the English Language test certificate. Both ‎certificates (IELTS) are now expired. Do you reckon we should pass a new English Language ‎Test?‎

Your answer really will make my day.‎
Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:39 pm

If you switched from main applicant to PBS dep, or vice versa, the settlement qualifying period reset, to 5 years for the main applicant.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

eshaghbina
Newly Registered

Post by eshaghbina » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:25 pm

Thanks Amber.

bhp

Post by bhp » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:32 am

hI james.2013

If you are applying for ILR, you should be aware of something called 'Geniune Earnings Test', they see whether your earnings or profession is in line with your visa type. If you are in Tier-1 General, UKBA expects you to work in highly skilled job, I am not sure if subway partnership will satisfy as fulfilling the requirements for extension/Ilr. I suggest you check this before you apply for ILR. Better to be safe than sorry later.