ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU-1 Fiasco Publiched in Mail Metro

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

runie80
Member of Standing

EU-1 Fiasco Publiched in Mail Metro

Post by runie80 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:03 am

Hi There

Today there is an article published in mail metro.I believe its by archigabe if I am correct. It highlights the issue of the EU-1 problem.

I wonder if its going to make any difference.

But atleast the news has been put in public domain.
Good work Archigabe

Much appreciate.

Regards
Runie80
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Sahil

Post by Sahil » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:33 am

Could you please paste the link or the artical ?

Regards,

Sahil

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:48 am

Yes, it was me...thanks Runie! I was a bit annoyed with the Nigerian asylum seeker's quote of Ireland being the 'land of the 1000 welcomes' when i wrote the letter...or are the Irish authorities more sympathetic to Nigerian ayslum seekers?

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:06 am

London and Dublin under pressure over EU rights opt-out
http://euobserver.com/9/24427/?rk=1

Member states are slow at applying new EU law
http://euobserver.com/19/24409/?rk=1
Last edited by archigabe on Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:07 am

He made the comment
The statement he made "Ireland being the 'land of the 1000 welcomes' was just a political statement and it does not reflect a true picture.What do you expect a person to say he had no choice other that what he said.

somethings in life you have no choice
such as if you will ask finance minister how the country is doing he will alwasy say it has never been better and we are improving and etc etc.
Thats what their job is and you need to understand between a real and a political statement.

Also i would like to draw your attention to the fact that mayor is elected from an area where majority of the polulation is foreign.

Following was another news circulating recently on media

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/break ... 661178.ece
Nigerian family's deportation case to be heard on Monday
Friday, June 15, 2007
The last bid application by lawyers for a six-year-old autistic boy along with his twin sister and mother will be heard on Monday.

Great Agbonlahor, his sister Melissa and his mother Olivia will be presenting themselves at the Garda National Immigration Bureau this afternoon, but the State has been asked to hold off on their deportation pending the outcome of next week's hearing.

Lawyers for the Agbonlahors told the court that Great had been diagnosed with autism in December last year and, despite the High Court's rejection of their bid to overturn an order for their deportation earlier this year, they are making an application under the EU subsidiary protection scheme.

The scheme allows those who have been refused refugee status to apply for the protection on humanitarian grounds.

Olivia has always said if her son was deported, he would receive no treatment for his condition and be regarded as possessed by evil spirits.

Mr Justice Eamon de Valera made no order, but directed that the case be heard on Monday, when the State will also be represented.
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:16 pm

Irish Only

I know there is a minority of Irish people here with a brain running anticlock wise

Country's first black mayor dismayed by 'Irish-only' ad You can understand that he will be already reviewing his statement of 1000 wlcomes as exaggeration. Mostly educated people in Ireland are nice same like everywhere else.
http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 93542.html

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:08 pm

Although, I was recently surfing daft.ie as well and I found a very nice apartment but all the descriptions, everything up to the name of the contactperson was in Polish?

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?se ... &id=472728]

(I hope the link works)

That's not a lot of fun for the Irish to read either.

No excuse for both though, you can't discriminate like that.
Dutch husband, American wife, applied for a residence card, after 7 months got a Stamp 4 visa for two years. :)

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:18 pm

BigAppleWoodenShoe

I agree with what you stated.

Plaasjapie

Post by Plaasjapie » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:47 pm

Last edited by Plaasjapie on Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:28 am

Removed
Last edited by runie80 on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:54 am

Removed
Last edited by runie80 on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:51 am

jesus runie80, you really love stirring things up don't you?

If I may say, I think the Ireland branch of forum has gone to absolute crap this last few months. It used to be a forum where people asked questions about immigration, got answers and often support off other members. It was a helpful and constructive place. Sure, it was a place where people bitched about the DoJ and Immigration rules, but the level of bitching, personal attacks and dragging up irrelevant inflamatory issues over this last while is just beyond me. I wish people on this forum would just stick to the issues at hand, i.e. Immigration & Ireland :(

Personally I'm calling a timeout for myself on the Ireland branch as I can't face the two-facedness of _some_ peole fighting for the right to stay in a country where they plainly dislike the local inhabitants. As someone who has visited and lived in many countries around the world, I simply cannot comprehend this.

Thanks to those of you who offered help to me in the past, and best of luck to those of you I've tried to help. I hope those of you still fighting soon find some success. Slán go foill.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:58 am

Ok i have removed that

If you find that Offending but its related to immigrants

Respect your opinion !

So back to the topic :lol:

Any news ?

limey

Post by limey » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:11 am

Scrudu: Well said.

Runie: You are right to remove that garbage you posted. Its the unsrupulous employers who are the problem not the Polish workers.

If they employ workers and pay them in the hand or less than the minimum wage then they leave themselves open to being sued or prosecuted!

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:17 am

Thanks Limey

well with regards to removing

I sincerely appologise if that offended anyone. I am a foreigner my self underperforming of what i am capable of because of this eu-1 fiasco like you all

The way i look at things is if there is something out there reading that might help. Closing eyes and ignoring things wont make a difference.

but fair enough everyones opinion needs to be respected and keeping that in view i have removed those links !

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:18 am

Hi Scrudu, I am sorry if you have been offended by some of the posts on this forum. Unfortunately, frustration at the Dept.of Justice's policies by some people have spilled over onto Irish people, the majority of whom seem very simple,polite and easy going folk...I have to say I have been really impressed how polite most people are, and sometimes it seems they would apologize even for letting their shadows touch you...I am also very impressed by the number of Irish Charities who seem to be working in places like Calcutta and South Africa and helping the poor children there.

Plaasjapie

Post by Plaasjapie » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:49 pm