ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Dependent Parents from abroad& Settlement visa query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ILR.2012
Newly Registered

ILR for Dependent Parents from abroad& Settlement visa query

Post by ILR.2012 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:06 am

Dear esteemed members,

I'm a british citizen, currently residing in UK for the last 10 years. My family including wife and 2 daughters are all british citizens. My parents are currently living in India and have visited me a couple of times in UK. I'm looking to apply for settlement visa from India but they both are in late and mid fifties. They both have medical conditions and i'm their main supporter as my younger brother is in US and he has not supported them for a long while. I'm responsible for paying their medical care and financial support in India.

My queries are as per below:-

1. Can I apply for their settlement visa on medical grounds, even though they have not met age criteria of over 65 from India?
2. What type of documentation I need to provide to support their application? I would imagine my passport copies, rental documents, employment and financial statements would be sufficient. Can you please advice any other documents?
3. KoLL requirements for settlement application - Since they both are in late and mid fifties, are they exempted from this criteria based on their medical conditions (I understant that persons over 65 does not have to met this criteria). Please advise.

Many thanks for your time and advice in anticipation.

Sameer

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for Dependent Parents from abroad& Settlement visa q

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:57 am

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/eligibility
Coming to be cared for - you’re an adult dependent relative
You must be dependent on a parent, grandchild, brother, sister, son or daughter of someone living permanently in the UK.
You must prove that:
you need long-term care to do everyday personal and household tasks
the care you need is not available or affordable in the country you live in
the person you’ll be joining in the UK will be able to support, accommodate and care for you without claiming public funds for at least 5 years
you’re 18 or over
One of the most difficult visas to get and expensive too. As far as we know, there has been 1, maybe 2 successful application since the rules changed in July 2012.

You also need to prove that if they both need help and care with everyday tasks like washing, dressing, etc and that the care is not available or not affordable in their country and as you are already providing the cost of their care/financial support, they will ask why you cannot continue doing it.

If you apply for your parents and they are refused, it effectively closes the door on future visitor visas as their intention to settle will be known.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILR.2012
Newly Registered

Re: ILR for Dependent Parents from abroad& Settlement visa q

Post by ILR.2012 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:09 am

Thanks CR001