ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Parents: Child born in India Citizenship & OCI Quer

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sojan

British Parents: Child born in India Citizenship & OCI Quer

Post by sojan » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:53 pm

Friends,

AS per topic , the situation is Both parents BC by naturalisation. Baby to be born in India
I understand it is a very long process to apply BC passport , but would like to get your tips/experience on this matter

1. Father needs to come back to the UK within 2 weeks. Is mother alone sufficient to apply BC for baby?
2. I heard from colleague that baby can have both Indian passport & British Passport till he/she reaches 18 years?

Amber
Mood:

Re: British Parents: Child born in India Citizenship & OCI

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:19 pm

The parent(s) should apply for CoE for the child, assuming the child was born after a parent was naturalised.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sojan

Post by sojan » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:28 pm

Amber wrote:The parent(s) should apply for CoE for the child, assuming the child was born after a parent was naturalised.
@Amber, thanks for that . I was reading details of CoE and is completely new to me :shock:

So after applying for CoE, can the baby come to UK and then apply for British Passport? Is that an easy process? Will then have to surrender Indian Passport?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:28 pm

A CoE in the passport would suffice without the need of applying for an additional passport.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.