ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview in naturalisation case

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saleem786
Newly Registered

Interview in naturalisation case

Post by saleem786 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:44 pm

I applied for naturalisation for british citizen and they invite me to attend an interview with immiration officer. anyone got any idea what they normally ask in interview in naturalisation case..thanks

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Re: Interview in naturalisation case

Post by Aryan2013 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:39 pm

Never heard of an interview for Nat.

The best thing you can do is to explain your situation/case here and also explain why you think, they have called you for an interview. Once, background/case is understood people may be able to help you.

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:31 pm

Although never heard anyone mention about it but they can do so ..

See Interviewing in Naturalisation

saleem786
Newly Registered

Post by saleem786 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:39 am

Aryan2013 wrote:Never heard of an interview for Nat.

The best thing you can do is to explain your situation/case here and also explain why you think, they have called you for an interview. Once, background/case is understood people may be able to help you.
they haven't explained anything on the letter...they just asked to come to attend an interview at liverpool, they did not mention any document to bring..

saleem786
Newly Registered

Post by saleem786 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:40 am

lynxukauq wrote:Although never heard anyone mention about it but they can do so ..

See Interviewing in Naturalisation
thanks

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:52 am

Are you talking about passport interview/appointment ? that takes place after ceremony ..

I haven't heard of interview for Naturalizaton approval.

saleem786
Newly Registered

Post by saleem786 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:54 am

IndiMarshall wrote:Are you talking about passport interview/appointment ? that takes place after ceremony ..

No, its not passport interview.this is for naturalisation

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:57 am

saleem786 wrote:
IndiMarshall wrote:Are you talking about passport interview/appointment ? that takes place after ceremony ..

Did u use NCS ? Even if you didnt give them a call and ask ... They should be able to tell you ..

saleem786
Newly Registered

Post by saleem786 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:42 pm

IndiMarshall wrote:
saleem786 wrote:

Did u use NCS ? Even if you didnt give them a call and ask ... They should be able to tell you ..
yes i did use NCS ..OK I will try to ask them

syed_h
Newly Registered

Post by syed_h » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:12 pm

Hi

Have you been interview yet or not? Pls update as we have received the similar type of letter for my wife.

Pls share your experience.

Thanks.

saleem786
Newly Registered

Post by saleem786 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:47 pm

syed_h wrote:Hi

Have you been interview yet or not? Pls update as we have received the similar type of letter for my wife.

Pls share your experience.

Thanks.
tomorrow is my interview will see what happens

mah

Post by mah » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:14 pm

Hi Saleem,

Did you go to your interview? Can you please update the forum members, what did they ask in the interview for naturalisation?

Thanks

Mah

Johar
Newly Registered

Post by Johar » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi,
I just received a same letter as you stated above. Please update about your interview to help others.

Many Thanks
Kazmi

Johar
Newly Registered

Post by Johar » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:47 pm

Hi,

Yes I just attend my interview at Liverpool office and they asked few questions about life in the UK and English language course.
Like how you book?
How you pay online or cash?
Why you choose that centre?
How many lectures do you have before test?
What questions was in test? and some more similar questions within 15-20 minutes.
I think everyone going to have similar interview if called and nothing to worry about if you pass your test.
Thanks Johar

AshRay
Newly Registered

Post by AshRay » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:52 pm

Hi,

I have applied for Naturalization ....
Just receive the similar type of letter requesting to attend the interview at Liverpool and stating they don't need any documents at the interview ....

please share if other members have the same experience

regards,

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:10 pm

AshRay wrote:Hi,

Just receive the similar type of letter requesting to attend the interview at Liverpool and stating they don't need any documents at the interview ....

regards,
What was your route of application.
was it a straight forward case?
did u have any criminal convictions i.e driving points etc.
any irregular immigration history.
anything which u think off that can be a reason to call the interveiw.

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:09 pm

I remember some time ago there was some news about a LIUK test centre allowing people to cheat and UKBA got suspecious because people were travelling long distances to take their test at that center. By reading through the post and what questions were asked to OP in his interview it seems like he could have used the same test center. May be you are in the same situation.

I will see if I can find the news I am referring to.

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:13 pm

zeusmagnanimous wrote:I remember some time ago there was some news about a LIUK test centre allowing people to cheat and UKBA got suspecious because people were travelling long distances to take their test at that center. By reading through the post and what questions were asked to OP in his interview it seems like he could have used the same test center. May be you are in the same situation.

I will see if I can find the news I am referring to.
Found it :D here is the link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... entre.html

BTW I am not implying that any of you have cheated, just saying that the interview could be due to this :)

AshRay
Newly Registered

Post by AshRay » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:05 pm

waiz89k wrote:

regards,
What was your route of application.
was it a straight forward case?
did u have any criminal convictions i.e driving points etc.
any irregular immigration history.
anything which u think off that can be a reason to call the interveiw.

straight forward case, no convictions, points, or irregullar immigration history.... Tier 1, 5 yrs + ILR 1yr... 2 Adults, 2 Kidz

prashantsoni
Newly Registered

Post by prashantsoni » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:15 pm

Johar wrote:Hi,
I just received a same letter as you stated above. Please update about your interview to help others.

Many Thanks
Kazmi
Hello I have received this same letter. Has any one else attended interview for naturalisation.
Please share experience. I have interview on 15march Sunday. Do they do interview on sunday?
kind regards
Soni
Last edited by prashantsoni on Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prashantsoni
Newly Registered

Post by prashantsoni » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:16 pm

regards,
Hi
I have received the same letter. Could you please tell me how was your interview?
What questions they ask in interview?
Kind regards

prashantsoni
Newly Registered

Post by prashantsoni » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:20 pm

saleem786 wrote:I applied for naturalisation for british citizen and they invite me to attend an interview with immiration officer. anyone got any idea what they normally ask in interview in naturalisation case..thanks
Hi saleem
Could you please share your experience about that interview?
I have received same letter.
Kind Regards
Soni

AshRay
Newly Registered

Post by AshRay » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:44 am

prashantsoni wrote:

Many Thanks
Kazmi
Hello I have received this same letter. Has any one else attended interview for naturalisation.
Please share experience. I have interview on 15march Sunday. Do they do interview on sunday?
kind regards
Soni
Yes my interview was on Sunday, of about 15 minutes .... its a very simple interview, nothing was asked about the application.... only ENGLISH test and LIUK .... dont worry..no re-asking actual test questions, but like how did you book the test, what was the test fees, where you did it, why you chose that location, etc.
off course if anyone pass these tests without any fraud, he can very easily breeze through this interview ..... best of luck.... do update your experience here, will be helpful for others.

prashantsoni
Newly Registered

Post by prashantsoni » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm

AshRay wrote:
prashantsoni wrote:

Many Thanks
Kazmi
kind regards
Soni
Yes my interview was on Sunday, of about 15 minutes .... its a very simple interview, nothing was asked about the application.... only ENGLISH test and LIUK .... dont worry..no re-asking actual test questions, but like how did you book the test, what was the test fees, where you did it, why you chose that location, etc.
off course if anyone pass these tests without any fraud, he can very easily breeze through this interview ..... best of luck.... do update your experience here, will be helpful for others.

Thank you for sharing your experience
I will update once interview is done.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:50 pm

AshRay wrote:
prashantsoni wrote:

Many Thanks
Kazmi
kind regards
Soni

Hi AshRay

Have you got ur approval after the interveiw?