ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PIO application lodged at HCI London

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

IndianAussie
Newly Registered

PIO application lodged at HCI London

Post by IndianAussie » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:38 pm

Hi everyone.

I just lodged my PIO application today at HCI London. I turned up at 7:30am and there were 50 people in the queue in front of me - there was only one queue, not two as previous posts have mentioned. I found out later that out of these 50 people in front, 9 were there for PIO applications. PS - PIO APPLICANTS CAN'T BOOK AN ONLINE APPOINTMENT - perhaps that will change in future - I hope so!

At 8:30am, they opened the doors, asked what we were there for (I said PIO), and gave us a token number. Then they did a bag search. Then I was sent downstairs to sit and wait. The counters all open at 9:30am. There is one counter for PIO applicants, and electronic screens show you which token number is being called to the counter.

I am an Australian citizen living in the UK, and I don't have a surrender certificate for my Indian passport, so my supporting docs were:
Original Indian birth certificate and photocopy -- he kept the photocopy after checking original
Original Australian citizenship certificate and photocopy -- he kept the photocopy after checking original
Original completed PIO application form and photocopy -- he kept the photocopy after checking original
4 passport photos -- he took all of them
Original Notary Affidavit and photocopy -- he took the original only
Australian passport and photocopy of photo page -- he kept the photocopy after checking original

AND VERY IMPORTANT - MAKE SURE YOU TAKE A SELF ADDRESSED SPECIAL DELIVERY ENVELOPE WITH YOU - you can no longer collect PIO cards in person, they have to mail it to you.

I wasn't given a receipt or reference number for the lodgement of my application, or for the payment of £217 (I paid in cash, as did most people there). I was told it would be 4 weeks before I received my PIO card. I will update this post once I receive it. Thanks and good luck.

man4uni

Re: PIO application lodged at HCI London

Post by man4uni » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:26 pm

Thanks for sharing this...

I am sure this will help many others :)

carpe_diem_247
Newly Registered

Re: PIO application lodged at HCI London

Post by carpe_diem_247 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:21 pm

Hi IndianAussie,

Thanks very much for sharing your experience, and also to others who have shared their insights and feedback.

I am slightly confused about the addresses to be filled in on the PIO form.

I find the meaning of "Present Address" and "Address in India (verifiable)" (presumably the address in India of a close relative) unambiguous, but what is "Permanent Address" supposed to mean? After all, ownership of any property is not "permanent", in the sense that you can always sell it off, and is this "Permanent Address" supposed to be in the UK or in India?

I am inclined to put my "Present Address" (UK address) as my "Permanent Address" as well, but I just don't want to end up violating some guideline (unavailable in the public domain), and jeopardize my application.

Thanks,
CD