ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Income through self-employment for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Income through self-employment for spouse visa

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:02 pm

I am sorry if this question has been asked before.

If someone is claiming to meet income requirement through self employment then which period will be counted.

For example if someone is claiming income from self employment from 5 April 2013 - 5 April 2014 and within what time frame visa can be applied on the basis of this income. I mean if person applies in Aug 14 then what documents will be required and if the person applied in Feb 14, will same documents be required.

In Tier 1 General income requirement Home Office asks that applicant can claim for 12 months within the past 15 months of the date of application. Is there any such requirement in this category?

I wait for your kind feedback.

Regards
I

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Re: Income through self-employment for spouse visa

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:57 am

Please, anyone with any comments???

Obie
Ireland

Re: Income through self-employment for spouse visa

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:18 pm

You have to show a bank statement for the whole of the last tax year and your self assessment and tax returns.

If your income was below the requirement, you can use the average of the last 2 tax years.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors