ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of Abode transfer to new passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kopper

Right of Abode transfer to new passport

Post by kopper » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:21 pm

Hi
Any advice on how to transfer the Right of Abode to a new Indian passport?
My mother is the only member of my family with a Indian passport whilst the rest have British passports.
Thanks

linkers
Respected Guru

Re: Right of Abode transfer to new passport

Post by linkers » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:38 pm

See this:

If the holder applies to have a certificate of entitlement inserted in a new passport, they will need to apply for a new certificate to be issued. It is no longer possible for certificates of entitlement to be transferred into replacement passports.

kopper

Re: Right of Abode transfer to new passport

Post by kopper » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:06 pm

Thanks
Looking at the Certificate of Entitlement form, it appears that its like my mother needs to apply for the Right of Abode as if its for the first time. It is asking for details of my mother's parents' date of birth, marriage etc which she cannot recall at her age of 1975. She can barely remember her own details let alone her parents who have passed away many years ago.

Are there anyone here who has who has completed this form recently after their Right of Abode has expired on their old passport? When she applied 10 years ago it was free and was easily done.