ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent advice pls anyone

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

olax985
Newly Registered

urgent advice pls anyone

Post by olax985 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:52 pm

HI PEOPLE,

AM NEW ON THE FORUM BUT COULD DO WITH ADVICE ON WEATHER TO APPLY FOR MY BRITISH NATURALIZATION OR NOT. BASICALLY I HAVE BEEN IN UK SINCE 2001 AND GOT MY PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN 2005. HOWEVER, IN 2007 I WAS NAUGHTY WITH THE LAW (DRIVING OFFENCE-NO INSURANCE) AND MANAGE TO GET A FINE AND 6POINT. I HAVE A BRUSH WITH THE LAW IN 2010 AGAIN(GOT A 12MONTH CONDITIONAL DISCHARGED FOR 'THEFT'- WAS ACTUALLY THEFT BY FINDING BUT SAYS THEFT ON RECORDS) ALL THIS CONVICTION HAVE NOW BEEN SPENT AND I AM DUE TO APPLY NOW. HOWEVER I WAS READING THE GUIDANCE YESTERDAY AND IT CLEARLY STATES THAT ALL CONVICTION WILL HAVE TO BE DECLARED NOW AND PREVIOUS CONVICTIONS ('GOOD CHARACTER') CAN BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT WHEN APPLYING AND THERE IS A CHANCE OF IT BEEN DECLINED. MY WORRY NOW IS SHOULD I APPLY AND HAVE FAITH IT WILL BE ACCEPTED OR WAIT LONGER. I AM A BIT CONFUSED ON WHAT TO DO. ANY ADVICE IN THE HOUSE WILL BE APPRECIATED.

PS: I DID APPLY IN 2007 AND WAS DECLINED ON THE REASON OF 'GOOD CHARACTER'. THIS WAS DUE TO MY DRIVING CONDITION AT THE TIME.

19eggs

Re: urgent advice pls anyone

Post by 19eggs » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:50 pm

If you post your query using "Sentence case", then someone might reply to it. It is very hard to read your query.

Incase, you are not aware, writing everything in "UPPERCASE" means shouting. :mrgreen:

olax985
Newly Registered

Re: urgent advice with sentence case and Naturilization

Post by olax985 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:22 pm

HI PEOPLE,

Am new on the Forum but could do with advice on whether I should apply for my British Naturalization or Not. Basically, I have been in the UK since 2001 and got my ILR in 2005. However, I had a brush with the law in 2007(Driving without insurance-6 point and a fine) and a conviction for theft in 2007 (12 month Conditional Discharge). All this conviction have now been spent. Although when I was reading the guidance, it states all previously convictions will have to be declared under the new immigration rules and it is up to to decision maker to decide if the applicant 'Good Character' can be put into question. My worry is, is there a chance for the decision maker to decline my application? Should I wait longer before I apply?

I am a bit confused and any advice on this forum will be much appreciated.

Thank You

PS: I DID APPLY IN 2007 AND WAS DECLINED ON THE REASON OF 'GOOD CHARACTER'. THIS WAS DUE TO MY DRIVING CONDITION AT THE TIME.