ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Expiring - End of Oct - Help needed

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Passport Expiring - End of Oct - Help needed

Post by pgaitonde » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:30 pm

My passport is expiring towards the end of October and I have applied for my British Citizenship on Aug 1 and haven't yet received my approval letter.

What will happen to my application if I don't hear anything back from Home Office before my passport expires?
What do I need to do if i go for my renewal of my existing passport?

Please help me with the answers for the above queries.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Passport Expiring - End of Oct - Help needed

Post by milan69 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:59 am

Once you have applied for BC your current passport is not relevant for naturalization any more and you are free to travel without restrictions.
You will need to show some sort of identification when you attend naturalization ceremony.
I am sometimes wrong.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:05 pm

milan69 wrote:Once you have applied for BC your current passport is not relevant for naturalization any more and you are free to travel without restrictions.
You will need to show some sort of identification when you attend naturalization ceremony.
so ur saying i can apply for my extension of the passport and don't have to inform Home Office about it.

vivdubes

Post by vivdubes » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:36 pm

Home office won't need that information before they make any decision. If they need any further they would get in touch