ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does claiming tax back using P50 affect ILR??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kaka1982
Newly Registered

Does claiming tax back using P50 affect ILR??

Post by kaka1982 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:19 am

Hi,

I'm looking to claim my tax back using P50 form as I have been unemployed for more than 4 weeks. I'm on a Tier1 General visa and will be getting my ILR next year. Please can someone advice me if claiming back my tax affect my ILR in any way.

Your replies are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

PCA5
Newly Registered

Re: Does claiming tax back using P50 affect ILR??

Post by PCA5 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:40 pm

Hi
I would personally suggest you not to do that to leave any chances of refusal because ukba and hmrc are working intensely together while making decisions.
Also, take a professional advice before taking any step in context of tax returns nd ILR.
Good luck!!!

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:20 pm

its depends if HMRC deduct more tax by giving you wrong Tax Code than its ok to claim back its your right.
but if you deliberately give wrong information to HMRC to avoid more tax than its wrong than it might effect your ILR.

kaka1982
Newly Registered

Post by kaka1982 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:05 pm

PCA5 wrote:Hi
I would personally suggest you not to do that to leave any chances of refusal because ukba and hmrc are working intensely together while making decisions.
Also, take a professional advice before taking any step in context of tax returns nd ILR.
Good luck!!!
Thanks PCA5

kaka1982
Newly Registered

Post by kaka1982 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:10 pm

Malik44 wrote:its depends if HMRC deduct more tax by giving you wrong Tax Code than its ok to claim back its your right.
but if you deliberately give wrong information to HMRC to avoid more tax than its wrong than it might effect your ILR.
My question is not about claiming for overpaid tax, it's about claiming tax back when you have stopped working. Also, I'm not trying to give any false information to HMRC.

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:47 pm

When you stop working than your overpaid tax automatically
adjust in new job when you give them p45 or return at the end of tax year if you are unable to get another job.
claiming that tax don't cause any problem your tax payments and earnings should be on required level and updated on those years only when you get your Tier 1 G visa and extension.