ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I have a spouse visa...but now gettin divorced

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

freoboy
Newly Registered

I have a spouse visa...but now gettin divorced

Post by freoboy » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:35 am

I've been working in the uk for a year and have a year left on my spouse visa, only problem is that my wife and i have separated and will be getting a divorce around december. Just wondering if the visa is still valid until it expires or whether i'm actually working here illegally. My wife has moved perminantly back to australia if that makes any difference.

It looks like i qualify for the hsmp so i'm going to look into switching my visa over to that shortly. Any advice would be appreciated.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:49 am

As soon as the relationship is ended then the visa is no longer valid. You should leave the UK as soon as possible, and make the HSMP application while overseas. If you stay too long then you run the risk of getting the entry clearance on the HSMP refused.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Jon_H

Post by Jon_H » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:20 pm

Go back home and enjoy it. Things will seem so much less important standing in the OBH with a beer in your hand checking out the ladies...