ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion about Point based calculator

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sv345

Confusion about Point based calculator

Post by sv345 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:13 pm

Hi, After going through many posts on this forum and spending/wasting last 3 hours to find a correct answer, I thought I would start a new forum for this if moderators agree.

When applying for settlement based on Tier 2 visa, How do a person show minimum 20 points for degree (I see only option as 10 points for english)
The KOLL guidance at UKBA website says
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 5.0EXT.pdf

I quote from page 36
" You can accept that a person has a relevant qualification if they provide:
 A printout from the points-based calculator, confirming the equivalent level of the
degree, and that it was taught or researched in English. The printout must show the
degree has been awarded at least 20 points, and an additional 10 points for English
language. "

Now as I stated above, I again want to emphasise the point that while selecting for degree, I donot come across points for degree - but only points for english.

Various forums discuss this subject but are confusing (eg one forum says select tier 1, even if you are applying for settlement under tier 2) or at other places people have mentioned that they have provided printout showing points for degree (in forum for successful ILR applications in PEO), but donot provide how they got this printout.

Moderators/gurus... This would be really helpful if you could provide the process.

Thanks a ton!

SV

Rajan1972

Re: Confusion about Point based calculator

Post by Rajan1972 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:28 pm

I was in same situation. Went with the degree certificate, University letter and printout of Point Based Calculator. The printout showed only 10 points for language and no points for Degree. The case worked asked me to bring the NARIC letter within 10 days or application will be rejected.
However the case worker was able to generate a printout for my degree with 20 points later. I don't know how and thankfully my application was processed.
This was 2 days back in Liverpool PEO.

So please make sure you don't appear with just 10 points for English. My advise based on experience.

blinguk

Re: Confusion about Point based calculator

Post by blinguk » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:49 pm

application successful today

any questions ask