ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa, Tenancy agreement short.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

philemon_bodiba

Spouse Visa, Tenancy agreement short.

Post by philemon_bodiba » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:54 pm

Hi there..

My wife will be applying for spouse visa not long from now and I'm happy with the supporting documents I shall send her. However, I'm not quite sure about one thing and that's my 'tenancy agreement'. There are less than six months remaining on my 'tenancy agreement' before it expires and I'm just not sure how true it is that when the agreement has less than six months remaining it might not be sufficient to be used as accommodation evidence - And I greatly wonder how true that is because I can't find where the UKBA mentions anything in relation to the six-month-rule. Is there any truth about this rule, or, has anyone been refused a visa specifically on that basis?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you, folks.

Thank
Pa

Rayking

Re: Spouse Visa, Tenancy agreement short.

Post by Rayking » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:56 pm

Although it's not clearly stated you must have a six months on your tenancy but accommodation requirement is a very tricky area that you wouldn't want some of this terrible ECO'S to get you. It's advisable to tell your landlord to just write a short letter stating your tenancy will be renewed or you can continue to live in the property after your tenancy ends.
You'll need a letter from your landlord stating your partner is allowed to stay in the accommodation if you live in a shared accommodation.
Yeah,people have been refused on silly reasons on accommodation you wouldn't want to go through, unfortunately you wouldn't know the kind of ECO dealing with your application, so it's better to get it done than worrying till it comes back.
You might want to read more about accommodation requirements here https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... e-guidance

batleykhan

Re: Spouse Visa, Tenancy agreement short.

Post by batleykhan » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:59 pm

Best to have a TA more than 6 months as it takes over 6 months to deal with applications in certain countries, therefore buy the time the eCO looks at your file , your TA will have expired and he may well refuse it that he his not satisfied that accommodation would be available when applicant arrive sin UK