ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa process times - Jamaica!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Joynhope15
Newly Registered

Visa process times - Jamaica!

Post by Joynhope15 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:35 am

Can any of you wonderful people out there who have experienced JA visa processing times or know of anybody who has please share the timeline this with me please!
Thanking you in advance for any info :D

batleykhan

Re: Visa process times - Jamaica!

Post by batleykhan » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:58 pm

I have dealt with a few from jamaica and the average waiting time is roughly around 3 months

Joynhope15
Newly Registered

Post by Joynhope15 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:09 pm

Thanks for the reply!

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:55 am

Yes, I applied for my husband's visa from Jamaica last August and it took 60 working days/3 months.

Joynhope15
Newly Registered

Post by Joynhope15 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:02 pm

Sohopeful, thanks for responding! As you have been through this before I might target you for answers as I have so many questions!!
Thanks again

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:14 am

No problem. I know a few things have changed in Kingston now since we applied but I'll do my best to answer anything.

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:29 pm

Our application went through Jamaica. We got ours in two months which was a delightful surprise! Applications now go to Sheffield so not sure if this will make a difference. Good luck!

Joynhope15
Newly Registered

Post by Joynhope15 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:31 pm

Hi michali
Can I ask when you did your app? 2 months is very good!

Hi Sohopeful,
Do you think it's worth me getting my docs back from JA and submitting them to Sheffield as there are some docs I forgot to add. My mate is coming back end of the week! Just gonna go online to complete the app but tired so gonna do it tomorrow! I really appreciate your advice and info.

Thanks

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:55 pm

Yes and you can send it from here. You may even be able to have them returned to you rather than Jamaica but not 100% on that one. Make sure you send photocopies of everything so you get the originals back.

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:51 am

We applied in mid February and got the approval mid April. Ours was very quick! This new procedure of passport and application being sent to Jamaica and supporting documents being sent to Sheffield confuses me, I have a friend who us now applying so she has to follow the new instructions.

Joynhope15
Newly Registered

Post by Joynhope15 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:14 pm

Thanks for the reply. Please let me know the outcome of your friend and if by any chance you know how she did hers, ie steps taken, what went where.

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:10 pm

I will but hers is not a spouse visa but as she is applying for settlement, she still has to send her supporting documents to Sheffield.

Joynhope15
Newly Registered

Post by Joynhope15 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:16 pm

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:49 am

If you are going to use the priority service the documents aren't sent to Sheffield.

ellarose
Newly Registered

Post by ellarose » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:41 pm

Dear all iam new to this site i wante dto infomation to help me with my application that i will make for soon to be husband we currently live in the uk, but the visa he has does not permit him to get married, so we will be travelling to jamaica to get married the end of this month, while iam there for 4 week i wanted to submit his application online and also pay the new NHS fee. i have read up that i will need to send the supporting documents to Sheffield could thi sbe done by DHL in Jamaica? just to speed up the process? or do i have to wait untill i get back to the UK and then send all supporting documents? also i read that he will need to bring his passport to the UK Embassy in Kingston, do we still need to submit copies of the supporting documents for him to bring in there?
i see interviews are being conducted, will i get a video call as well as my husband? or do i have to travel all the way to Sheffield?

Thanks in advance
Ellarose.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:45 am

ellarose wrote:Dear all iam new to this site i wante dto infomation to help me with my application that i will make for soon to be husband we currently live in the uk, but the visa he has does not permit him to get married, so we will be travelling to jamaica to get married the end of this month, while iam there for 4 week i wanted to submit his application online and also pay the new NHS fee. i have read up that i will need to send the supporting documents to Sheffield could thi sbe done by DHL in Jamaica? just to speed up the process? or do i have to wait untill i get back to the UK and then send all supporting documents? also i read that he will need to bring his passport to the UK Embassy in Kingston, do we still need to submit copies of the supporting documents for him to bring in there?
i see interviews are being conducted, will i get a video call as well as my husband? or do i have to travel all the way to Sheffield?

Thanks in advance
Ellarose.
Yes if you could send the documents from Jamaica once you have your marriage certificate (request the express service for this!), but if you are relying on your income to sponsor him you would need to ensure that the most recent payslip/bank statement is within 28 days when you apply online. So you could even apply before you fly to minimise delays whilst you are there.

http://www.dhl.com.jm/en/express/shippi ... tions.html

You only need to take documents to Kingston if you are doing the express service. As your application will be reviewed in Sheffield I don't see the need for you to take copies to the embassy.
From my knowledge interviews would be calls or video chat.