ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship application with permanent residency

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

information3
Newly Registered

British citizenship application with permanent residency

Post by information3 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:25 am

Hello Everyone,

I am an EEA national and applied for my permanent residency card. 12 month after issue date I can apy for British citizenship.

My question would be, when I apply for British citizenship do I need to send the same supporting documents for the past 5 years or just the extra 12 months as they would have previously checked for those 5 years already?

Thank you for any help in advance!!

vivdubes

Re: British citizenship application with permanent residency

Post by vivdubes » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:53 pm

No documents is required apart from your ILR BRP, passport and English test and LIUK. I would suggest to use NCS services then you dont even have to send any of your orginal documents and photocopy would do.

All the best.

information3
Newly Registered

Re: British citizenship application with permanent residency

Post by information3 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:40 pm

Thank you so much for your reply! :)
So that sounds fairly easy then..!
But would I not need to show any P60s or proof of residency at all (For the 5 years and/or 12 months)??