ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query about proving 5 year residency

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ASCENSUS
Newly Registered

Query about proving 5 year residency

Post by ASCENSUS » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:26 pm

EXTREMELY WORRIED INDIVIDUAL

I came to the UK over 11 years ago -haven't left since- most of this time I was in education except for the last year where I was taking a gap year.

My worry stems from having to prove I haven't left the UK for a period of over 90 days for the last year. The thing is, the original passport I came on got lost, my new passport only covers 6 months. Of the 9 months without said passport I can only account for 3 months where I worked. I wasn't claiming any benefits during this period, my parents were my main and only source of financial support -apart from the temp job. I requested a letter from the gp to confirm dates I attended appointments. However, I haven't really attended many appointments; I'd estimate about ~5 appointments within the past year, 2 of which are possibly within the 6 months..

I also recently got my BRP and one of the conditions of getting one is that you haven't left the UK for over 2 years, and you had to claim any absences you have on the ntl form, I didn't have any absences... So will this cover me?

The NCS representative sounded pretty sure that my application would get rejected.
Is there a high chance of this happening?
Isn't everything electronic nowadays so the Home Office would be able to verify if I've left at any point?
Any information/ help will be greatly appropriated! :)

Eligibility criteria: ILR 11years
Language criteria: B1+ LIUK
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 30/10/14
Payment method: debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 03/11/14
Date of acknowledgment: waiting
Date of debit or clearance of fees: waiting
Date approval received:
Date of ceremony:

akhurshid

Re: Query about proving 5 year residency

Post by akhurshid » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:44 pm

Not sure if HO can check if you have been out of country or not.
Do you have any other documents to prove you were here? phone bills? utility bills anything that proves you were here. any appointment letters?

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:45 pm

When did your gap year start and end? Did you lose your old passport during your gap year?

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:11 pm

Bank account statements could help as proof of residence.
I am sometimes wrong.

royh

Post by royh » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:21 pm

milan69 wrote:Bank account statements could help as proof of residence.
I am in a similar situation regarding proof of residency where I have gaps in the last 5 years where I wasn't working/benefits/education for 90+ days. Having researched I am quite sure that bank accounts don't count as proof of residency.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:29 pm

It can help you prove that on certain date you were present in UK.
I am sometimes wrong.