ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement and Leave to remain Financial requirements: same?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

85 East

Settlement and Leave to remain Financial requirements: same?

Post by 85 East » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:23 am

I was just browsing other topics and came across the following comment
http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 75098.html
seb13 wrote:
Casa wrote:You'd need to be able to meet the same financial condition at the first 2.5 year visa renewal. I believe you can use the savings once you're here, as long as this doesn't leave you short of the qualifying amount at the 2.5 year mark. Wanderer's also right about self-employment earnings needing to cover a 12 month period in order to be considered.
Am I correct in understanding that if you enter through qualifying under the cash savings (GBP 62,500) route, it is not possible to switch at the 2.5 year mark to meeting the financial requirements to any of the other categories (A, B, D, F, G)? I cannot see anything referring to this in the Immigration Rules Appendix FM, it only mentions
E-LTRP.3.1. The applicant must provide specified evidence, from the sources listed in paragraph E-LTRP.3.2., of-
(a) a specified gross annual income of at least-
(i) £18,600; (ii) an additional £3,800 for the first child; and (iii) an additional £2,400 for each additional child; alone or in combination with
(b) specified savings of-
(i) £16,000; and (ii) additional savings of an amount equivalent to 2.5 times the amount which is the difference between the gross annual income from the sources listed in paragraph E-LTRP.3.2.(a)-(f) and the total amount required under paragraph E- LTRP.3.1.(a); or (c) the requirements in paragraph E-LTRP.3.3.being met, unless paragraph EX.1. applies.
Does anyone have a link to any guidance where it clearly states that the same category? The reason I ask is that we are preparing to apply under the savings route, however given the current state of interest rates in the UK, would plan to invest this money once back in the UK into an asset, such as a house.

Casa

Re: Settlement and Leave to remain Financial requirements: s

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:34 am

You will be able to qualify with finances either by earnings or savings. It doesn't matter which category.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

batleykhan

Re: Settlement and Leave to remain Financial requirements: s

Post by batleykhan » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:03 pm

85 East wrote:I was just browsing other topics and came across the following comment
http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 75098.html
seb13 wrote:
Casa wrote:You'd need to be able to meet the same financial condition at the first 2.5 year visa renewal. I believe you can use the savings once you're here, as long as this doesn't leave you short of the qualifying amount at the 2.5 year mark. Wanderer's also right about self-employment earnings needing to cover a 12 month period in order to be considered.
Am I correct in understanding that if you enter through qualifying under the cash savings (GBP 62,500) route, it is not possible to switch at the 2.5 year mark to meeting the financial requirements to any of the other categories (A, B, D, F, G)? I cannot see anything referring to this in the Immigration Rules Appendix FM, it only mentions
E-LTRP.3.1. The applicant must provide specified evidence, from the sources listed in paragraph E-LTRP.3.2., of-
(a) a specified gross annual income of at least-
(i) £18,600; (ii) an additional £3,800 for the first child; and (iii) an additional £2,400 for each additional child; alone or in combination with
(b) specified savings of-
(i) £16,000; and (ii) additional savings of an amount equivalent to 2.5 times the amount which is the difference between the gross annual income from the sources listed in paragraph E-LTRP.3.2.(a)-(f) and the total amount required under paragraph E- LTRP.3.1.(a); or (c) the requirements in paragraph E-LTRP.3.3.being met, unless paragraph EX.1. applies.
Does anyone have a link to any guidance where it clearly states that the same category? The reason I ask is that we are preparing to apply under the savings route, however given the current state of interest rates in the UK, would plan to invest this money once back in the UK into an asset, such as a house.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf