ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse's salary counted or not

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ayuen
Newly Registered

Spouse's salary counted or not

Post by ayuen » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:04 pm

Hi all,

With the help from the forum information, I've got my Tier 1 entrepreneur visa and started living in UK. Thanks everyone.

I understood that from the visa guideline that the applicant's own remuneration is not counted as the expenditure for the investment consideration. However, how about the salary I pay to my wife who is also employed under the business. It seems that the guideline didn't say "No" to that....any view on this?

Thanks
Andy

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse's salary counted or not

Post by Olasunkanmi » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:27 pm

@ ayuen, if you employ your wife in your business then her salary does count towards business expenses which can be use as part of the investment funds but employing your wife on her own wont count as employing settled people unless if your wife is settled on her own right.

If your wife is not settled in UK already then employing her in your business will not get you point for employment requirement and you will still have to meet that condition separately by employing other settled people as well in your business.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:48 pm

Your employees must be settled or British or EEA. Does that apply to your wife; surely she is a PBS dependant? You can hire her but there are no points awarded for this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:15 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ayuen
Newly Registered

Post by ayuen » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:25 pm

I understood that my wife as the dependent would not counted for the two employment creation requirement but I do need to hire my wife to work for me to start with as it will take time to hire someone I could trust. I will soon hire some extra people but I was concern about the salary for my wife if that do not count as the expenditure within the investment. Good to hear that it is counted although I doubt the effectiveness for the original purpose in not counting the applicant's remuneration, i.e. suppose it is to avoid people just throw in the investment and paying all back to himself without creating any economic activity, it seems that the same tricky purpose could still be met if it gone through the spouse then????? Though this is not my case.

Cheers
Andy