ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

comprehensive sickness insurance

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

addh
- thin ice -

comprehensive sickness insurance

Post by addh » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:21 am

i am a EU national living and working in the UK and would like to apply for citizenship. I came to the UK in 2004 to do my masters and have been here since with a more than 6 months gap in 2007. I started my PhD in October 2007 and was also self employed to support myself. I stopped being self employed in 2011 and started working for a company and am still working. What is the best way to prove residence requirements? from October 2007 to now i already have more than 7 years of continuous residence in the UK. I can show that i was a student from 2007 to 2014 (part time PhD), but | would need comprehensive sickness insurance (CSI). I have a European health insurance card issued in the UK and my question is that whether that be used as evidence of CSI?

mariof
Newly Registered

Re: comprehensive sickness insurance

Post by mariof » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:48 am

As far as I know, only a EHIC card issued from outside of the UK would be valid.