ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship enquiry

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

scorpiolady

British Citizenship enquiry

Post by scorpiolady » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:50 am

My husband came here from Jamaica on a spouse visa, got his ILR and has subsequently got his British citizenship. His daughter and grandson came here as his dependents and arrived in UK on 29th June 2011 and were both granted ILR from that date. The daughter is now 22 and grandson 5. My first question is do they both i.e. daughter and grandson, qualify to apply for British citizenship now or have to wait? The second question is even if they have to wait, will the Grandson get citizenship as he won't be old enough to take the Life in the UK test?
Scorpiolady

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Re: British Citizenship enquiry

Post by babe_khyber » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:40 am

Life in the uk test is not nessesery if he/she is,has under the age of 18 year or over 60s. I hope this will be helpful for you.
Best wishes.
Babe khyber

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:42 am

The daughter will only qualify for citizenship once she has 5 years residence (unless she is married to a British Citizen), so she can apply on or after 29th June 2016. The grandson can apply once the mother applies. She will need LIUK and English Level B1 as per the current rules and meet all the standard requirements.

Children under 18 are not required to do LIUK. Applications are on MN1.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

scorpiolady

Post by scorpiolady » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:43 pm

CR001 - Thank you for that. It is what I thought to be the case that she is not eligible for another 2 years. :)

babe_khyber - Thank you for your reply, however I did state in my question that she is 22 years old. :)
Scorpiolady