ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice: ILR maintenance and early application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JustJoyDean
Newly Registered

Advice: ILR maintenance and early application

Post by JustJoyDean » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:02 pm

Hi,

My Tier 1: General Visa expires 6th Feb 2015 (was my second extension) and I will have been living in the UK since Dec 2009 - putting me just over 5 years in residence.

My questions are:

1. Do I still need to qualify under the points calculator for the ILR, mail in my passport, and have a maintenance fee? I have seen some articles which say yes, and others which say no.

2. If there is a maintenance fee, with a 3 month requirement, what happens if you have only hit it for 2 months? I have access to funds, credit cards, overdrafts, etc but dipped below the old maintenance amount for a week in the 3rd month. Will automatically be denied?

3. How long does it take to get a same day appointment - should I apply for this now? I would love to get my ILR before the actual expiration date of my visa - some time in early Jan. But not sure how far in advance I need to get started..?

4. the 180 days you are allowed out of the country during the 5 years - is that in a single trip or is that total over the course of the 5 years? How are you meant to prove this, copy every trip in your passport? And what if these are work trips? Are you required to provide a letter from your company stating all the dates you were travelling for work?

Thanks for the help!
Joy

mightypower

Re: Advice: ILR maintenance and early application

Post by mightypower » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:21 pm

1. No Maintenance required for ILR

2. N/A

3. You can only apply for ILR after you have completed 4yrs 11months 2 days, so you can start booking for appointment anytime after the days required have passed.

4. You need to provide a spreadsheet with all out-of country absenses with reasons, with a cover letter from employer confirming either Paid Holidays or Work Visa Visits. it really doesnt matter even if it is work oriented but can be challeneged i guess if you are econimically active in UK during those days.

mightypower

Post by mightypower » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:22 pm

1. No Maintenance required for ILR

2. N/A

3. You can only apply for ILR after you have completed 4yrs 11months 2 days, so you can start booking for appointment anytime after the days required have passed.

4. You need to provide a spreadsheet with all out-of country absenses with reasons, with a cover letter from employer confirming either Paid Holidays or Work Visa Visits. it really doesnt matter even if it is work oriented but can be challeneged i guess if you are econimically active in UK during those days.

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:08 am

JustJoyDean wrote:Hi,

My Tier 1: General Visa expires 6th Feb 2015 (was my second extension) and I will have been living in the UK since Dec 2009 - putting me just over 5 years in residence.

My questions are:

1. Do I still need to qualify under the points calculator for the ILR, mail in my passport, and have a maintenance fee? I have seen some articles which say yes, and others which say no.

2. If there is a maintenance fee, with a 3 month requirement, what happens if you have only hit it for 2 months? I have access to funds, credit cards, overdrafts, etc but dipped below the old maintenance amount for a week in the 3rd month. Will automatically be denied?

3. How long does it take to get a same day appointment - should I apply for this now? I would love to get my ILR before the actual expiration date of my visa - some time in early Jan. But not sure how far in advance I need to get started..?

4. the 180 days you are allowed out of the country during the 5 years - is that in a single trip or is that total over the course of the 5 years? How are you meant to prove this, copy every trip in your passport? And what if these are work trips? Are you required to provide a letter from your company stating all the dates you were travelling for work?

Thanks for the help!
Joy
1. points calculator yes, passport yes, maintenance funds - no
2. no maintenance funds for ilr
3. generally lately you are usually able to get one within a week, especially if you are flexible as to location and do not have dependants
4. neither, it is up to 180 days in each of the 5 most recent 12-month periods counting backwards from the date of your application for ILR
you generally provide a table with list of trips and brief explanation of them
they do not have to all be for work, they can be personal -- so long as your economic activity remains in the uk and you are not employed abroad during this time, generally
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**