ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cancel spouse visa..PLEASE HELP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Very_Disappointed
Newly Registered

Cancel spouse visa..PLEASE HELP

Post by Very_Disappointed » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:34 pm

Dear All

I would appreciate any advice from respected members of this forum.

My husband got his spouse visa from Pakistan and arrived in UK in July 2014.
His behaviour and actions have led me to believe he has no interest in this marriage and just wanted a visa to come here.
I understand I can inform the Home Office and they will cancel his visa.
Does anybody know what the procedure is once I notify the Home Office.
We are still living together and I want to make sure I do whatever I need to do before he dissappears and goes into hiding as he has made it very clear to me he will dissapear and then make an asylum claim.
I am wondering if the Home Office will help me while he is still living with me to prevent him from going into hiding which will then become a long costly and waste of taxpayers money looking for him..

PLEASE HELP

Very_Disappointed
Newly Registered

Re: Cancel spouse visa..PLEASE HELP

Post by Very_Disappointed » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:39 pm

I am also aware once his visa is cancelled he has the right of appeal. If he then tries to claim asylum what are the chances of him getting asylum here.
He has told me its very easy to claim asylum in this country, you just have to say, " they will kill me " if I am sent back and then get a good solicitor to fight your asylum claim.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:47 pm

Very_Disappointed wrote:I am also aware once his visa is cancelled he has the right of appeal. If he then tries to claim asylum what are the chances of him getting asylum here.
He has told me its very easy to claim asylum in this country, you just have to say, " they will kill me " if I am sent back and then get a good solicitor to fight your asylum claim.
I am sorry to hear. If there has been an irretrievable breakdown in the marriage then I would suggest contacting the Home Office and let them deal with it. It won't make a difference if he is living with you or not, as I am sure he would still be entitled to a right of appeal against any decision made by the Home Office. As long as you have done your bit, then it shouldn't affect you in the future.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:49 pm

While I'm sure all the UK tax payers will thank you for your diligence in avoiding extra cost - you need to look out for yourself.

Kick him out or - better still - leave and move so he doesn't know where you are. Inform UKBA. Initiate divorce. Forget about him.

Don't worry any further. The only thing you have any responsibility to do is inform UKBA.

If you let him hang around - it might be weeks/months/years before UKBA take any action (if at all) and when they do he will appeal. Then appeal again. Then appeal again. All the while living under the same roof.

And you're right - asylum applications are easy for someone to submit - harder to prove and UKBA does have a 'fast track' asylum process - but I'm not sure whether it applies to Pakistan or not.

Very_Disappointed
Newly Registered

Post by Very_Disappointed » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:20 pm

Thank you alil2014 & MPH80

It is clear he has used me as a stepping stone to come to the UK.
I would really like to see him back to where he came from. Therefore I want to make sure I do everything possible to get him on that plane back.
If it is easy for him to get asylum and continue staying here then it will be better for me to take him back myself ( for a holiday ) and then dump him there.
There is no way I will take any chance for this cheater to get the better of me or my country by being able to stay here and be successful in his plan.

Thanks again

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:21 pm

Again - while I appreciate the motive you have - you need to focus on yourself.

In order for your plan to be successful - you will have to a) have informed UKBA, b) UKBA having taken action and cancelled his entry clearance and c) not contacted him. You'll also have to have persuaded him to return home for a visit at the right point. Finally you're then banking on him not finding another way back and suddenly re-appearing in your life.

I suspect the chances of that all working are small. I would also say the chances of him being granted asylum are small. But the chances of him disappearing into the system are high. But the loop is now closing around people without valid leave - the trial on landlord checks is starting shortly and it's already a problem with driving licenses etc.

Get out - report him - let UKBA do their job as they see it. If he gets away with it - lucky him. More likely he'll struggle more and more over the coming years.

Very_Disappointed
Newly Registered

Post by Very_Disappointed » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:04 pm

MPH80 - Thank you for the advice and concern for me.

I am already in contact with the British High Commission(BHC) in Pakistan where he obtained his spouse entry clearance visa.
I have explained the situation to them about my marriage and notified them of fake/falsified papers he submitted to gain his entry clearance visa. They have requested some information from me , so lets see how, and if they will help.

Furthermore we are planning to travel to Pakistan next month to visit his parents. Atleast that will get him out the country.

I am now in the process of notifying the Home Office here and Border control at the main Uk airports with dates of our travel and declaration that I am no longer responsible for him and the marriage has broken down.

If BHC Pakistan cannot cancel his visa while we are over there ( I will be willing to take his passport to the BHC in Islamabad myself ), then when we both arrive back in the UK he will be detained at Border Control as I will have notified them well in advance with all the relevant information.
Since he will be returning from his home country after a week holiday it will be sufficient proof his life is not in danger there, so he will not stand any chance with a bogus asylum application .

He wont know what has happened until his game is over.

I fully understand and respect the advice given but I dont want to take any chances allowing him to be able to stay in the UK. He has lied and used me just to come here.

I have family in Pakistan so I will be safe.

I welcome any further advise in this situation.

loinkings
Newly Registered

Post by loinkings » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:00 pm

If you marraige broken down and didn't work out between you guys than I guess you can inform to the ukba ...if he didn't love you and has been upfront and told u . He seems a decent guy to me.ii am sure you are an immigrant or your parents are .. The only difference between you and him is that you were born here but you still a child of an immigrant .
Be clear to yourself ,stop harrassing him . There is a law that if your marraige broken down he could straight apply for a satellememt .
Your relationship and visa two different things .your plans to take him to Pakistan and do him like that seems a bit low Of u . Your only Job to let ukba know that relationship didn't work . Stop causing him more pain and problems as you have no right to do so ...btw he might be better of there in Pakistan you never know .
Sorry if it's harsh

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:42 pm

loinkings wrote:If you marraige broken down and didn't work out between you guys than I guess you can inform to the ukba ...if he didn't love you and has been upfront and told u . He seems a decent guy to me.ii am sure you are an immigrant or your parents are .. The only difference between you and him is that you were born here but you still a child of an immigrant .
Be clear to yourself ,stop harrassing him . There is a law that if your marraige broken down he could straight apply for a satellememt .
Your relationship and visa two different things .your plans to take him to Pakistan and do him like that seems a bit low Of u . Your only Job to let ukba know that relationship didn't work . Stop causing him more pain and problems as you have no right to do so ...btw he might be better of there in Pakistan you never know .
Sorry if it's harsh
Very harsh, and total bollocks to boot.

He can't apply for settlement, and he deserves to be sent back, of that there is no question. Kudos to the OP, takes guts but in the end this sort of thing highlights the fact that the petitioners for spouse visas must be obligated to exercise some due diligence, not meaning the OP here but generally.

And I don't care if arranged marriages are normal in the sub-continent and we should accommodate that, fact is this is the UK not Pakistan, the culture is not the same - the distractions are manifold. So when Mr Inadequate is hooked up with Miss Pakistan 2006 things are bound to go wrong.

I am now donning my flak-jacket!

Good luck to the OP....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

micho
Newly Registered

Post by micho » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:45 pm

Why cant you tell him your plans about him? What you are planning is evil. His life is not in your hand, remember. Please, go and solicite advice from family lawyer.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:48 pm

micho wrote:Why cant you tell him your plans about him? What you are planning is evil. His life is not in your hand, remember. Please, go and solicite advice from family lawyer.
This is wrong on so many levels.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:03 pm

As I said before, just notify the Home Office and let them deal with it. Theres no need to put yourself in danger, because things can easily go wrong especially in Pakistan. Even if he is able to go underground and hide from the Home Office, I promise you one thing he will always be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life not knowing when he will be caught and deported.

Your Job is to notify the Home Office and the Home Office job is to deport him.

Very_Disappointed
Newly Registered

Post by Very_Disappointed » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:09 pm

For those who think it is harsh - he has lied and deceived me.
It cost me thousands calling him here let alone all the heartache.
Why should he be allowed to stay here and waste tax payers money on bogus asylum case.
He is not a decent guy, any man who lies and deceives not only me but also the immigration system of this country deserves only to be sent back. I will make sure he doesnt ABUSE any loopholes just for his own gain.
He has only been here 4 months, has been working cash in hand jobs but cant support his wife. Instead lives off my earnings and still expects me to pay for him.
I simply cannot be used anymore.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:29 pm

Very_Disappointed wrote:For those who think it is harsh - he has lied and deceived me.
Why should he be allowed to stay here and waste tax payers money on bogus asylum case.
He is not a decent guy, any man who lies and deceives not only me but also the immigration system of this country deserves only to be sent back. I will make sure he doesnt ABUSE any loopholes just for his own gain.
He has only been here 4 months, has been working cash in hand jobs but cant support his wife. Instead lives off my earnings and still expects me to pay for him.
You deserve a pat on the back.

Just do your utmost to stop the tree-huggers and bleedinghearts pleading his case.

Very_Disappointed
Newly Registered

Post by Very_Disappointed » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:32 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Very_Disappointed wrote:For those who think it is harsh - he has lied and deceived me.
You deserve a pat on the back.

Just do your utmost to stop the tree-huggers and bleedinghearts pleading his case.
Thank you Wanderer. :)

micho
Newly Registered

Post by micho » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:05 pm

I believe there are more to what we can read on the forum about this issue. It is advisable for her to do according to her wishes rather than soliciting for support here else the third party might not be doing justice.

Sorry to say, it is better to hear from the parties involved before advising wish is not possible on this issue.

It might also be wrong discussing it here, i guess

I submit.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:13 pm

Interesting Micho that you think in this case we shouldn't be advising without hearing from both parties, when one of your earlier posts was asking for advise on your relationship with your 'violent and abusive wife'. :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

micho
Newly Registered

Post by micho » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:23 pm

You are correct. What am saying is there will be alot to the issue that can not be discussed on board.

Very_Disappointed
Newly Registered

Post by Very_Disappointed » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:49 am

Micho - you've not been on the receiving end so easy for you to say.
I have proof ( which I will be sending to UKBA ) that he submitted false paperwork in support of his entry clearance.

You can support a liar but I certainly will not.

Furthermore I am not looking for support. I am blessed with a good family and many friends who offer me great support.
I asked for ADVICE regarding Home Office procedures to cancel an entry clearance visa.

20mph
Newly Registered

Post by 20mph » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:38 am

OP I can imagine you sound very bitter...but I must say you shouldn't implicate yourself. If he submitted false documents, and you were aware of it, then you committed the crime with him as his sponsor.

I also know there are 2 sides to every story. Not that I'm taking sides with anyone. Simply because you come here and give us your own side....doesn't mean we should all draw up a conclusion.

I've heard out some situation where people treat their spouses as housemaids simply because they gave them that shiny piece of document called visa.

There's more to life than visa. If you can't get along with your husband anymore, just move on with your life. Initiate a divorce,
Inform HO if necessary and leave it to them to sort it out. You don't need all the worries of dragging him back home. That shouldn't be your biz.

Good luck

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:21 am

Very_Disappointed wrote:Micho - you've not been on the receiving end so easy for you to say.
I have proof ( which I will be sending to UKBA ) that he submitted false paperwork in support of his entry clearance.

Furthermore I am not looking for support. I am blessed with a good family and many friends who offer me great support.
I asked for ADVICE regarding Home Office procedures to cancel an entry clearance visa.
This is a very sensitive issue you might need to inform your families that are involved FIRST before taking your actions. I believe your family were involved even if it's an arranged marriage?
Think very well before taking some actions because the heat of the moment can cause so much damage, for instance telling home office you knew he used forged or fake stuff,you knew but didn't say anything until your marriage isn't working any longer.
Did the guy actually say he's used you to get visa? Let the family know about all this.I'm not saying you shouldn't do what you plan to do but calm down a bit and think.

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:47 am

I think you should MOST CERTAINLY report him and get him deported no matter what the people on this forum say.

After reading some of the comments posted by a few select users on this thread, I get the feeling that they are of similar type as your husband and are trying to get away with playing the system too and hence are trying to say you're doing the wrong thing by abiding by the law.

Some people will tell you to let it slide and let him be, but they're probably just like him.

I say report the bender and make his life misery. He's breaking the law, why should he be let off?

It's scum like him which make it difficult for the rest of us genuine people to call our spouses over.

I'd take his passport to the BHC whilst in Pakistan and inform them of the fraud carried out. Also inform the UKBA over here, and the Home Office. Whilst at the airport IF he is able to fly back, tell them how it is at immigration and get them to deal with it. If possible, record any conversations in which he mentions all of this fraud, and deceit. Gather as much evidence as possible.

Don't listen to the people on here who tell you to let it slide and let him get his residency whilst making you suffer that's BULLSH*T!!! NEVER LET ANYONE TAKE YOU FOR A MUG!

aiza78601

Post by aiza78601 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:38 pm

very-disappointed

i dont have any right to force u to not do any thing against him,but remember my sister their is a very very superior judge ALLAH,leave every thing on HIM,and to get satisfaction communicate with ALLAH and say YOU know every thing how he cheated on me and how he been with me,i leave every thing on YOUR will,U ARE A SUPERIOR JUDGE ,u will see ur husband as a looser in every path of his life ,he will be always empty handed,u will find him running after success in his entire life and then u will get satisfaction

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:09 pm

Very_Disappointed wrote:Micho - you've not been on the receiving end so easy for you to say.

My advice is stay safe. When the marriage has broken down notify the Home Office of this. If you have evidence he used deception then you can let the Home Office know, but does it implicate you in any way?

I wouldn't lure him to Pakistan with the intention of stranding him there. Too many people have that done to them when their abusive partners do it to separate them from their kids living in the UK.

Don't be bitter, you made a mistake in judgement about this man's character, but move on and remember you can't stop him making an asylum claim.

Good luck

Very_Disappointed
Newly Registered

Post by Very_Disappointed » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:05 pm

Thank you all for your comments.

I only realised he submitted false paperwork after he arrived in the UK. I was looking through the paperwork which was returned when he got his entry clearance visa. When I questioned him he told me he had paid money to have his divorce cert made because his ex was in the UK so he used a false address in Pakistan to give jurisdiction to the Union Council over there to procede with the divorce.

I will be informing all the relevant authorities here in the UK aswell as Pakistan.

For all those who think I should ONLY report him to the Home Office, I think you fail to understand it will be a waste of taxpayers money, time and effort. I will just make the job easier for the Home Office.

Furthermore he wasnt handed his spouse visa on a golden platter. I worked long hours, paid a considerable amount of tax to meet the financial requirement to support his visa application.

If he is stays here he will just dupe another girl in the name of "love" for his own benefit.

He can go back and then re-apply and come here on his OWN grounds and not me as his sponsor .