ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum case for Mom

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TheOfficer
Newly Registered

Asylum case for Mom

Post by TheOfficer » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:33 pm

Hi everyone

I got my Tier 1 visa at the beginning of this year.
My mom is back home in Pakistan.
She s facing threat in Pakistan because my elder brother who s a druggie ... forcing her to transfer all proerty in his name.
She s not transferring property in his name, and he is creating problems for her, even mom is facing life threat from him :(
I want to bring her on visit visa ... and not send her back.
I am also considering to file her asylum case.

Please suggest what shall I do.
First I thought of elderly dependent visa ... but I realise its almost impossible to get.
i can bring her on visit visa and not send her back
or my mom claim asylum once she s here in the UK.

Please suggest

I d be grateful

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Asylum case for Mom

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:37 pm

This is not an asylum case it's a local police issue.

You could consider moving back to Pakistan and dealing with it.......
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

TheOfficer
Newly Registered

Post by TheOfficer » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:21 pm

What if I call my mom on visit visa and do not send her back.
Will that affect my own immigration status ?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:02 pm

TheOfficer wrote:What if I call my mom on visit visa and do not send her back.
She'll be deported

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:32 pm

TheOfficer wrote:What if I call my mom on visit visa and do not send her back.
You aren't settled in the UK. Harbouring an immigration offender is a criminal offence, as is facilitating illegal immigration.

She can move all the way to the UK but not to another area?

Her asylum claim will probably be refused. She gets detained. Then removed.
Last edited by MPH80 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Trimming.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:33 pm

While having no favor to that ethnicity but would like to say that the member called paperpusher must be warned immediately for his insane mentality and his respected guru status is a disrespect to that status and let him to do his job of pushing papers as his name suggests. :mrgreen:
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:48 pm

I was trying to help with the asylum claim actually, because that's the sort of bollox she'll have to say to weave an asylum claim out her circumstances.

FWIW there are people in the UK from Pakistan who are in need of international protection, it's just that not everything bad in life makes you a refugee.

PKBD

Post by PKBD » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:33 pm

Hi
I am not an expert but I think , there is no such law anymore which allows you to make an asylum case on behalf of your parents or relatives IF they are on visit visa in the UK. You can make such application from your home country if you have enough proof in support of your application. People used to appky from within the UK in the past but not anymore.
Thanks

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:50 pm

PaperPusher wrote:I was trying to help with the asylum claim actually, because that's the sort of bollox she'll have to say to weave an asylum claim out her circumstances.

FWIW there are people in the UK from Pakistan who are in need of international protection, it's just that not everything bad in life makes you a refugee.
I don't think you are helping rather igniting/inserting your own so called imagination because there must be a lot of members including senior members from Pakistan who even helping invisibly to different ethnicity people. Whatever angriness you have you must not reveal here as its immigration board not general chat room. You seems like an immigrant too and can 100% say you that if you reveal your ethnicity then a lot can be referenced to. But not because its immigration forum instead of a chat room.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:27 pm

PKBD wrote:Hi
I am not an expert but I think , there is no such law anymore which allows you to make an asylum case on behalf of your parents or relatives IF they are on visit visa in the UK. You can make such application from your home country if you have enough proof in support of your application. People used to appky from within the UK in the past but not anymore.
Thanks
The asylum route is abused that's for sure.

My canine-loving brother blocked me on Facebook cos I made a weak joke about the fire at the Manchester Dogs Home. Wonder what nicer country I can claim asylum in?

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:51 pm

At the moment keep in mind two things:
1. Asylum by this way not possible
2. Just ignore what has been said by others harshly because now they may be settled here otherwise same ones usually beg here by asking. I remember a false claim from Nigerian man in same thread who left food to eat for asylum who did not succeed.

What you may do is that as education has no age restriction so better bring your mom on tier4 visa or if she has good wealth then apply investors or entrepreneur visa.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:09 pm

PKBD wrote:Hi
Thanks
Not accurate at all.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:13 pm

Universal soldier wrote:At the moment keep in mind two things:
1. Asylum by this way not possible
2. Just ignore what has been said by others harshly because now they may be settled here otherwise same ones usually beg here by asking. I remember a false claim from Nigerian man in same thread who left food to eat for asylum who did not succeed.

What you may do is that as education has no age restriction so better bring your mom on tier4 visa or if she has good wealth then apply investors or entrepreneur visa.
Which would be fine, as long as she would be a genuine student, a genuine entrepreneur or a genuine investor. Plus, in the case of Tier 4 she then leaves at the end of the course.

Highly_Skilled

Post by Highly_Skilled » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:23 pm

The original poster seems to think that it is a foregone conclusion that his mother would be granted a Visitors visa.

Bearing in mind that she would have to demonstrate to the Entry Clearance Officer that she intends to leave the UK before the expiration of her visa, this is not necessarily straightforward.

But if you and your mother do intend to commit a crime by ignoring immigration law, she will be duly deported and banned from re-entering.

Think very carefully....

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:54 pm

I've done a little trim of some of the comments in here.

Please will everyone remain civil and pleasant to each other and try to avoid generalizing too much about different country's citizens.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:24 pm

Apologies, I was being sarcastic and it fell a little flat.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:28 pm

PaperPusher wrote:Apologies, I was being sarcastic and it fell a little flat.
Worked for me! lol!!

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:32 pm

Thanks for taking the time to come back PaperPusher.

I think with my British hat on I could firmly hear the sarcasm in your voice in the passage I've now removed, but I would just kindly remind everyone (not just you!) that not everyone here has English as a first language - and even if they do - sarcasm may not be a familiar part of the language structure! I do find me having to remind myself of that quite a lot here as my posting style can be a little 'chatty'.