ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

family visit visa for pregnancy reason

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fatema2331
Newly Registered

family visit visa for pregnancy reason

Post by fatema2331 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:57 pm

hello,

i am a student dependant and living with my husband who is a student in UK. i am 6 months pregnant and i want my parents to join me and my husband on this auspicious occasion of their grandson/daughter birth and help me during my delivery and after delivery period. could anyone please suggest me about the documents my parents should give with the application. do u think they should mention the reason of my pregnancy for visiting UK or not? what do you think, pregnancy reason would make the case stronger or would it be a risk of refusal as my husband is a student.
please kindly help me out with this query.

thank you

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: family visit visa for pregnancy reason

Post by bruteforce » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:21 pm

Although they can state any reason for their visit. Their application will only be successful if they can show that they will be able to maintain their selves without recourse to public funds & also they would need to show economic ties to the home country. Any financial documents, tax record, source of income & anything that shows their ties to the home country can be used. They have to apply as a general visitors though, not as a family visitor.

fatema2331
Newly Registered

Post by fatema2331 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:21 pm

thank you for your reply.. i have filled the general visitor form for my parents.. and are submitting the documents this week..

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:17 pm

BRUTALFORCE advice is perfect, i second that. hope your parents get the visa. please update later once your parents get the visa and let know the documents provided.

fatema2331
Newly Registered

Post by fatema2331 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:25 pm

yes, i surely will.. we have received the confirmation email which says that the application has been received by the british embassy Abu Dhabi.. could anyone help that whom they might call for further inquiry? as we have applied as a general visitor, and has shown that we will be providing accommodation to the parents. will they call us or my parents?? or both??

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:23 pm

nothing can be said about who will they call.
it maybe the case that they might not even call anyone and they make the decision based on the documents provided. and for general visitor visas they call if a mentioned document is missing or not provided.

good luck. keep us updated.

fatema2331
Newly Registered

Post by fatema2331 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:55 am

hi,
we had applied for my parents general visitor visa on 25th feb 2015..
got email from abu dhabi that the application has been received by the ambassy on 2 march 2015
my husband got a call for sponsorship confirmation on 3 march 2015
and today received an email after more than 2 weeks of application..
i am really worried after going through the email..
the email says..]

Dear Customer,
>
> PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. THIS MAILBOX IS NOT MONITORED.
>
> Your UK visa application is currently under consideration at the British Embassy (Abu Dhabi).
>
> Unfortunately the processing of your application has not been straightforward. This means that we will be unable to make a decision within our published customer service standards.
>
> We will notify you when your application has been concluded, and you will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your documents are ready for collection. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre before they have contacted you.
>
> Please avoid making travel arrangements until you have collected your passport.
>
> We would be grateful if you could keep your correspondence to a minimum during the consideration process. If however you need to contact us or would like to track the progress of your application, you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk
>
> Kind regards,
>
> UK Visas and Immigration
> (Abu Dhabi)
> www.gov.uk/ukvi

is this a signal of refusal??
i dont know why they are not finding the application straight forward..
too much worried..
please help

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:09 pm

dont worry, as you might have submitted many documents they may take more time.fingers crossed.

fatema2331
Newly Registered

Post by fatema2331 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:15 pm

hi,
thank you for your reply..

i hope it is soo..
i am due in april and i am hoping that they get visa and reach by my due date..
please pray =(

fatema2331
Newly Registered

Post by fatema2331 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:10 pm

hi,

received an email from the embassy on 1st april
which says:

Your application has been concluded and will shortly be returned to our commercial partner. This does not mean that your documents are ready to collect: Please await confirmation of this, or follow the collection instructions you have already been given.

is it an approval one or refusal one??
thanks..

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:14 am

A good fortune teller may know.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:12 pm

fatema2331 wrote:hi,

received an email from the embassy on 1st april
which says:

Your application has been concluded and will shortly be returned to our commercial partner. This does not mean that your documents are ready to collect: Please await confirmation of this, or follow the collection instructions you have already been given.

is it an approval one or refusal one??
thanks..
I feel sorry for your ignorance.
Why dont you wait for 1 more week fatema

fatema2331
Newly Registered

Post by fatema2331 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:47 pm

hi everyone..

My parents got visa =)
great relief

thanks for the help..
cheers

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:18 am

:lol: congratulations

travellover
Newly Registered

Post by travellover » Tue May 26, 2015 6:20 pm

I need my Passport back from UK Embassy Abu Dhabi, as I need to travel to USA on 10 Jun. I have received n email today that

Your UK visa application is currently under consideration at the British Embassy Abu Dhabi.

Unfortunately the processing of your application has not been straightforward. This means that we will be unable to make a decision within our published customer service standards.

How can I get my passport back ? Alongwith me, my wife and two children have also applied ( on 5 May 2015 ).

muhammad82
Newly Registered

Post by muhammad82 » Thu May 28, 2015 8:10 pm

Hi

could you please advise when you have received email?

travellover
Newly Registered

Post by travellover » Fri May 29, 2015 3:45 pm

On completion of 15 working days of submission of visa application. Now I need my passport to travel to usa. What should I do ? The modes of contacts available are through 3rd party and they add to another queue.

muhammad82
Newly Registered

Post by muhammad82 » Sun May 31, 2015 12:27 pm

Hi

Any update for your passport ?

Poppyuk
Newly Registered

Post by Poppyuk » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:16 am

Asalam O Alaikum,
I applied for my mother visit visa for 2 years ( 29-05-2015 ). Received an email that application arrived in embassy 05-06-2015 and received call from Home office on 09-06-2015. Now (13-06-2015) I received the same email like you guys ;

Your UK visa application is currently under consideration at the British Embassy Abu Dhabi.

Unfortunately the processing of your application has not been straightforward. This means that we will be unable to make a decision within our published customer service standards.

We will notify you when your application has been concluded, and you will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your documents are ready for collection. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre before they have contacted you.

Please avoid making travel arrangements until you have collected your passport.

My mother has visited me last year ( January-February 2014 ) on a six month UK visit visa. She had a French schengen visa and visit France in 2012 for a month. When I applied her visit visa (six months UK) in 2013 I had same call for verification and same questions from Home office. Hopefully this time she will get the visa as well Insha Allah.
Please update me regarding your cases.
Thanks