ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Blank pages in passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rolfus

Blank pages in passport

Post by Rolfus » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:15 pm

Elsewhere in this forum I have recorded my battles with UKBA to obtain access to the UK for my third country national unmarried partner.
In summary: I have a determination from the Immigration Tribunal upheld by the Upper Immigration Tribunal that my partner should be given an EEA FP as my partner in accordance with Surinder Singh.
I also have a determination from the Immigration Tribunal that she should be given an EEA FP as the mother of a British child, in accordance with Zambrano.
I also have a determination from the Immigration Tribunal that she should be given a family visit visa in accordance with the immigration rules, with an order to the Home Office to refund the appeal fee, with which they have never complied.
The ECJ has now ruled that she should have been admitted on the basis of her Czech residence card anyway.
Over the years my partner has had 18 issues of visa-like documents, made multiple visits to the UK, and has never breached any law or regulation.
Now she needs a new EEA FP, which should be a formality, to apply top the General Medical Council for registration as a doctor, and to apply for jobs; but UKBA has invented a new hurdle. She has a valid passport. It has 6 pages that are totally blank. But UKBA in Prague say that she needs a page that is blank on both front and back, which she does not have.
Her embassy takes one year to renew a passport.
Does anyone have any comments or ideas please?
civis europeus sum

herald2839
Newly Registered

Re: Blank pages in passport

Post by herald2839 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:37 pm

Sounds like an absolutely ludicrous requirement that I'm sure you could get struck down through a lengthy process.

That said, I suspect it would be much easier to focus your attention on obtaining a new passport rather than fighting with the Home Office over this. One year to renew a passport? That sounds truly extraordinary. I would have thought that a little "networking" with the relevant home country embassy or department officials would go a long way. Surely someone who really wants their passport renewed badly enough won't wait a year. I had to get my own passport renewed a few years back, was told it would take up to six weeks, made a few calls and got it issued within 2 days...
Rolfus wrote:Elsewhere in this forum I have recorded my battles with UKBA to obtain access to the UK for my third country national unmarried partner.
In summary: I have a determination from the Immigration Tribunal upheld by the Upper Immigration Tribunal that my partner should be given an EEA FP as my partner in accordance with Surinder Singh.
I also have a determination from the Immigration Tribunal that she should be given an EEA FP as the mother of a British child, in accordance with Zambrano.
I also have a determination from the Immigration Tribunal that she should be given a family visit visa in accordance with the immigration rules, with an order to the Home Office to refund the appeal fee, with which they have never complied.
The ECJ has now ruled that she should have been admitted on the basis of her Czech residence card anyway.
Over the years my partner has had 18 issues of visa-like documents, made multiple visits to the UK, and has never breached any law or regulation.
Now she needs a new EEA FP, which should be a formality, to apply top the General Medical Council for registration as a doctor, and to apply for jobs; but UKBA has invented a new hurdle. She has a valid passport. It has 6 pages that are totally blank. But UKBA in Prague say that she needs a page that is blank on both front and back, which she does not have.
Her embassy takes one year to renew a passport.
Does anyone have any comments or ideas please?