ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa, letter from employer

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

philemon_bodiba

Spouse Visa, letter from employer

Post by philemon_bodiba » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:19 pm

Hi

I'm applying under Category B for my wife and child (non British) with £22400 to meet and I've earned £24900 over the last 12 months.

So my letter from my employer reads as follows:

The above employee (me) has been with the company since 11 May 2008
He is employed as a full-time Warehouse Operative. He is paid on a four-weekly basis approximately £1, 350 per pay period. This level of pay has been in effect since July 2013 with a pay award pending. His approximate gross annual income is £23, 617, which includes premiums for night and weekend working.

There is also occasional overtime offered, but this is not guaranteed.

The position is of a permanent nature.

Should you need any further information please contact Mrs xxxxxxx on this e-mail xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk.

Yours Faithfully'
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Now here is my question: Has the letter been brilliantly written and the word ''approximate'' cause an issue?

Looking forward to hearing from you, guys.

Thanks....
Pa

batleykhan

Re: Spouse Visa, letter from employer

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:11 pm

If your gross wage is 1350 per month x 12= 16200......that's short of 18600

Remember its your gross wage that you state not Net pay for this letter. Your letter is confusing in my opinion. Also you put down gross wage for year, not for 4 weeks or monthly pay details in letter. This is what it says in the rule

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:

(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency)

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:36 pm

That letter can confuse entry officers just like it's confusing on here. If you're in non salaried employment,add your income in the last 12 months and take it to your employer. That's what they need for immigration purpose, not what you've been told when you start the job.
Then,they need to also state what your annual income is as at the date of getting the letter to fulfill second part of applying under cat B.
If you don't, you might be risking worrying until you get the outcome and refusal I'm afraid to say.

philemon_bodiba

Post by philemon_bodiba » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:01 pm

My gross annual income is £24900 over the last 12 months, by my calculation. (Part 1)
And my annual gross income is from this employment is £23617. (Part 2)

Doesn't this make sense?
Pa

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:25 pm

It makes perfect sense,the way you just stated it. And two should be stated.

philemon_bodiba

Post by philemon_bodiba » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:06 am

Rayking wrote:It makes perfect sense,the way you just stated it. And two should be stated.
What I'm trying to say is that the gross annual income is showing on the letter.
And that I can calculate the gross annual income myself over the last 12 months for it's showing on my payslips.
Nevertheless, let me put my question in very simple terms. Is the letter okay or not?
Pa

philemon_bodiba

Post by philemon_bodiba » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:12 am

batleykhan wrote:If your gross wage is 1350 per month x 12= 16200......that's short of 18600

Remember its your gross wage that you state not Net pay for this letter. Your letter is confusing in my opinion. Also you put down gross wage for year, not for 4 weeks or monthly pay details in letter. This is what it says in the rule

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:

(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
It seems like you're on the wrong post which is why I'm not surprised you're confused. Because it wasn't me who said I need £18600 to meet the financial requirement, and the letter shows my gross annual income.
I suppose this is what happens when people jump into conclusions..
Pa

akhan48

Post by akhan48 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:36 am

I can tell you what happened from my experience.

I applied under Category A, so it may not be the same for you. My employment letter stated my gross annual salary (one figure). However, in the last 12 months, like yourself, I earned more than my annual salary due to bonuses, overtime, etc, it can happen, its normal when you're employed not to be paid the exact number stated in your contract or letter. But every wage slip I submitted was over and above the minimum 1550GBP.

I do think that your employment letter could be improved though.

It mentions about a 4-weekly period being 1350GBP, which if you multiply by 13, you get 17,550GBP which is under the threshold. So that figure is either incorrect or they've put the NET amount instead of GROSS.

I would also prefer not to use the word "approximate". For me, it gives a sense of uncertainty. I'm sure your employer could work out exactly what they have paid you over the last 12 months (or in your case, 13 x 4-weekly periods) and state that figure with certainty. This would also match your wage slips too.

Basically everything in your letter should add up. If there's a discrepancy, it will almost certainly lead a refusal as the ECO won't be satisfied. Safest bet is to just include ONE figure, but I don't know what your Category B requirements are.

Hope that helps.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:45 pm

philemon_bodiba wrote:
Rayking wrote:It makes perfect sense,the way you just stated it. And two should be stated.
What I'm trying to say is that the gross annual income is showing on the letter.
And that I can calculate the gross annual income myself over the last 12 months for it's showing on my payslips.
Nevertheless, let me put my question in very simple terms. Is the letter okay or not?
In a simple English,the letter isn't ok,but if you're confident it is,why not go ahead and use it.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:13 am

philemon_bodiba wrote:
batleykhan wrote:If your gross wage is 1350 per month x 12= 16200......that's short of 18600

It seems like you're on the wrong post which is why I'm not surprised you're confused. Because it wasn't me who said I need £18600 to meet the financial requirement, and the letter shows my gross annual income.
Go ahead and submit what you think is best

philemon_bodiba

Post by philemon_bodiba » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:31 am

batleykhan wrote:
philemon_bodiba wrote:

Go ahead and submit what you think is best
What is best is not necessarily what you think is best.
Pa