ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application, additional docs requested 4 name chage

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

neo.kap

Passport application, additional docs requested 4 name chage

Post by neo.kap » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:10 pm

I recently applied for British passport and submitted Deed Poll witnessed by Solicitor for my change of name. I received a letter asking me to provide Statutory declaration witnessed by solicitor and evideces (Driving Lic, HRMC letter, Council letter, NHS card, Bank letters) showing I am using my new name for all purposes.

I dont know why they did not consider Deed Poll witnessed by Solicitor and asking me for Statutory declaration and additional documents.

I called passport office and asked them why they did not consider Deed poll and lady asked me to send whatever mentioned in the letter and didnt answer my question.

has anyone had similar exp? or can advise what should I do?

my name change includes minor change in first name and nothing major.

neo.kap

Re: Passport application, additional docs requested 4 name c

Post by neo.kap » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:05 pm

can soneone please advise?

Qwerty-UK

Re: Passport application, additional docs requested 4 name c

Post by Qwerty-UK » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:08 pm

Same thing happened to me. I just got off the phone with them and they said I should have kept "former names" as blank. Either that, or provide a driver's license with the new name. :roll: