ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help Needed ! FLR

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

londonboi12

Urgent Help Needed ! FLR

Post by londonboi12 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:38 am

Hi
My Tier 4 leave is curtailed to 60 days which are going to expire soon, Plz let me know which FLR form i have to fill
And how much statement i have to send and how many days statement with it.
And do i need any other documents ???

Please all Let me know ASAP as my date is closer to apply couple of days left only.
Help will be appreciated .

Mant thanks in advance.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent Help Needed ! FLR

Post by aaliya1986 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:51 pm

it seems like FLR has become the best thing for students to extend their joy ride for few months because they cannot get admission anywhere. the students who talk about FLR are only misguided by others.

they do not understand that applying for a FLR will badly affect their future visa applications. and they will NOT succeed in their application.

for those thinking to apply for FLR. please think, what if,

1. you have to travel back home in an emergency?
2. where and how will you work?
3. what will happen once you get refused? appeal? more time, more money eventually nothing.

all in all at the end they will learn that thy did not save the money at all and infact lost quite a lot of time.

please, those who are thinking of applying FLR, please do not go for this route unless you have very strong and compassionate grounds.

there are better opportunities and more money in other places. its just about going and looking for it by coming out of your comfort zone.

londonboi12

Post by londonboi12 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:26 am

Thanks for your reply,
How it can effect in future ? As iam not getting intake atm
I have applied for june intake for uni.
I have no choice left, is there any other way ?

Plz also let me know what documents i have to attach with it ? And how much bank statement.

Reply will be appreciated
Many thanks

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:56 pm

my friend.

when the university will know that you have had applied for an FLR o, and you got refused. they will also refuse to give you admission because of your complex immigration history.

lets say you are extremely lucky and you convince some college/university to give you a cas. the person and the interview is going to grill you over FLR o application and you will fail the credibility interview.

applying for a FLR o simply means you are desperate to stay here and once refused, all future applications will have a significant impact on their outcome based on the FLR o refusal.

why do you say you have no choice left? you can easily go back, apply, get an admission faster, apply for a visa and your immigration history is neat and clean.

getting into the mess of FLR will mean big ? on your immigration history.

Think a million times before applying a FLR o application, Please. Not just for your but for everyone.

Sooner or later you will be happy you took a right decision by not applying FLR o

londonboi12

Post by londonboi12 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:51 am

Thanks for your advice, please can some one give me any link where i can find more information about Flr requirements,

Or if any can tell me how much bank statement i have to attach i have already got acceptance for MBA from uni for june intake.

I hope they can grant me flr InshAllah , as i just need 3-4 more months . Just confused which forms i have to use if anyone have submited it plz suggest me how to go through with this......Many thanks

Awaiting...

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:56 pm

the guidance for FLR (o)
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-flro

answering to what you have said.

it is really nice to see that you are positive about getting the FLR. but my friend that is how you see it but the truth is far from it.

you need 3-4 months and you will get an admission at university. if you apply for a flr and get refused, the university will not give you an admission because you would have messed up your immigration history.
now universities require students to given them a written consent so that they can ask the home office about the immigration history. even if you hide it from them the university will know it. once they know it you will get your admission refused.

the thing which i dont understand is that why do you not want to return, if its just for 3-4 months? if you are sure you will get admission then why not return for 3-4 months and then apply.

infact, the best practice would be to take the cas for june intake, go back and apply for it and come back. simple and by this way you will get some break as well and time with family.

about the bank statement, best is to read the tier 4 policy guidance.

if you apply for flr and then again apply for tier 4, you will NOT qualify for reduced maintenance. if you apply within the 60 days period for a tier 4 you do qualify for a reduced maintenance. again, when you return back home and apply from there, it may depend on the time when you apply, and you may or you may not qualify for the reduced maintenance.

londonboi12

Post by londonboi12 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:39 am

Thanks for your reply aliya,
I am not realy desperate to stay here, but i have to get my fee back from my previous college which is revoked after 2 months and i have paid them in full so i have to get back that money before leaving, i will not let them go . :) more over as i am paying lease for my vehicle it is not possible for me to winde-up things soo quickly, so i need time to sort out these things as well.

Jonmattias
Newly Registered

Post by Jonmattias » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:24 pm

Londonboi,

simply go to a uni, ask them you want to take admission, they will let you know whether they get you CAS or not. PLEASE don't waste your time here asking people what to do or not. keep one thing in your mind, every single case with home office depends on individual circumstance. Here people only give you advises what happened to them or what they listened. So just be honest with yourself and if you REALLY want to study, go to university and ask for admission. If you need any assistant, feel free to contact me. Cheers.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:28 pm

Jonmattias wrote:Londonboi,

simply go to a uni, ask them you want to take admission, they will let you know whether they get you CAS or not. PLEASE don't waste your time here asking people what to do or not. keep one thing in your mind, every single case with home office depends on individual circumstance. Here people only give you advises what happened to them or what they listened. So just be honest with yourself and if you REALLY want to study, go to university and ask for admission. If you need any assistant, feel free to contact me. Cheers.
dear Jonmattias, if it was that simple to go to a uni and get admission than people would be getting it and not applying for FLR's. a student who really wants to study does not think of applying for a FLR application because applying for FLR means that they do not want to go. even asking to contact you will not do him good because you are giving an honest or genuine advise.
londonboi12 wrote:Thanks for your reply aliya,
I am not realy desperate to stay here, but i have to get my fee back from my previous college which is revoked after 2 months and i have paid them in full so i have to get back that money before leaving, i will not let them go . :) more over as i am paying lease for my vehicle it is not possible for me to winde-up things soo quickly, so i need time to sort out these things as well.
getting your fee back from the college entirely depends on the refund policy of the college which you took admission in. regardless of you paying in full or half, the college will not refund as far as I understand this issue.
coming to the lease of your car. you can always sell your car with the lease to someone else who wishes to have it. definitely this isn't a difficult process.
as I said earlier you can always buy time by putting this or that application but eventually your immigration history will become so bad that the immigration officers will not even believe what you are saying.
and will also affect applications to other countries because they would want to know your immigration history in the UK.

londonboi12

Post by londonboi12 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:06 pm

Well i am really desperate to complete my mba , as i have got placement from uni but between my visa expiry and course start date is there is 8 days gap because i cannot make application more then 28 days before course starting date, due to which i can not submit application to home office can anyone advice what i can do here ?

Jonmattias
Newly Registered

Post by Jonmattias » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:35 pm

Dear aaliya1986,

I think why are you being so defensive. Be realistic. Home office treat every application individually, so PLEASE don't make people upset here.

Thank you.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:20 pm

londonboi12 wrote:Well i am really desperate to complete my mba , as i have got placement from uni but between my visa expiry and course start date is there is 8 days gap because i cannot make application more then 28 days before course starting date, due to which i can not submit application to home office can anyone advice what i can do here ?
my friend. I understand your desperation of completing you mba. it is good that you have been offered a place to start.
the best thing is to pay the fee, get the cas, get your documents ready. rush back home and apply.
you will be back here in no time, trust me. and moreover ukvi would not be able to question your intentions because you are fully abiding by the rules.
infact take it is a vacation to see your family. and during this time the visa will be processed.
Jonmattias wrote:Dear aaliya1986,

I think why are you being so defensive. Be realistic. Home office treat every application individually, so PLEASE don't make people upset here.

Thank you.
Dear Jonmattias,
I am being more realistic than you are. No doubt that all applications are dealt individually but applications must have strong and compassionate grounds to qualify for a FLR. I completely disagree with the advise you give because you are just playing and taking advantage of the system by advising people to go through a route which they will have no success at, infact they will get into a whirlwind and will suffer by losing thousands of pounds and etc with no decision eventually and will have to go back with a bad immigration history, and no chances of returning back.

about making people upset here. yes, whatever I say may sound harsh because truth is always harsh. however it will benefit them in the longer run, rather than in the shorter run. I cannot give wrong and incorrect advises to people just because they will get upset. its better to get upset now rather than later when one will have lost their, money, time, credibility and etc.

so I would also advise you, as you say that you are an advisor and have a firm, that please do not tell people to go for FLR unless they have very compassionate and strong grounds, and I really hope that you understand what compassionate and strong grounds are.

rules are there to be followed, not to be exploited for personal gains.

take care.

londonboi12

Post by londonboi12 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:47 am

Thanks for your replies,

A quick question to guruz n experts , do i still have 28 days time of being overstay ? after this curtailed leave of 60 days ?

Please Reply ugently ,

Thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:46 am

Simple answer yes

londonboi12

Post by londonboi12 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:37 am

Thanks dear,

and incase if i submit flr o in this 28 days period after my expiry of 60 days curtailed visa , would i be able to get the right of appeal or they will not give me appeal rights ?

Plz guruz advice

Many thanks

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:05 pm

when you have already planned to apply for flr.. then why get into the 28 day period?
apply it before the visa expires or on the day of visa expiry. and please please keep us updated with your flr application as everyone would want to know how it went for you.

good luck

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:02 pm

If you apply during the 28 day grace period you do not get a right of appeal.
As the other post States, if you are going to apply anyway do it before your curtailment period expires.

londonboi12

Post by londonboi12 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:05 am

Hi thanks to evryone for replies.

One more question, i have submited flr o today, so do i have to inform my case worker about this ? bcoz my application is pending with them for which i have got 60 days curtailment letter ?

Early replies will be appreciated

Many thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:50 am

When did/does your 60 days leave expire?

What caseworker are you referring to?

londonboi12

Post by londonboi12 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:03 pm

60 days leave is expiring tomorow

submitted flr o today , mentioned about pending apllication.

do i have to inform case worker of pending application about flr o ? so they dont make decision on pending apllication ?
other wise they might can send the refusal ? because it seems like i am submiting new applcation (flro) while my one application is already pending or will they be linked with each other as i have mentioned my reference number of pending application stating in cover letter .

please advice

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:11 pm

What pending application do you have?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:15 pm

Officially you have to withdraw the pending application. You can't have two simultaneous applications.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:24 pm

Rather than withdrawing, you may vary an undecided in-time valid application.

You may make multiple in-time applications.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

londonboi12

Post by londonboi12 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:46 pm

Is there any specific form or procedure to vary the application ? or just to submit the new application mentioning the pending application reference number ? :roll: :roll: :roll:

need experts advice :roll: :roll: :roll:

londonboi12

Post by londonboi12 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:57 pm

Greenie i have tier 4 application pending for which i have received 60 days curtailment letter to find a new sponsor.