ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application help please...

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

beinghuman

Passport application help please...

Post by beinghuman » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:02 pm

Hi Everyone

Just need to fill First British passport application and want to find out what need to fill in section 4 is parents details and Grandparents or only parents..?

If anyone can answer please..

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport application help please...

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:45 pm

Parents details yes, grandparents details no
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

beinghuman

Post by beinghuman » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:47 pm

Brilliant :D

Thanks for your reply

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:28 pm

beinghuman wrote:Brilliant :D

Thanks for your reply
A small heads up if you are thinking of using Check-and-Send service, some Post Offices have ill-informed staff, like in my case they insisted on grandparents DOB, Marriage and City details, even though I tried clearing but to no avail, so I asked for a paper and just wrote their names and rest as "UNKNOWN". Got my passport within three weeks.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

Samaralady

Post by Samaralady » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:52 pm

Very helpful, I had the same question.

What does it matter to the UKBA when and where my grandparents got married, that information might not even be available.

I'm just a bit worried about the spelling of my name, as it is spellt in two different ways in my German passport (in the main part with an ö, in the machine readable part with an oe, which is the international version of the ö). My naturalisation certificate shows my name spellt with oe (I explained the deviation in the "any other information" box, as people often don't look at the machine readable part, and my place of birth also has a ö in it), but it's just hope and pray every time I have to show the German passport that there won't be any problems. I actually had banks refuse it as proof of identity because of the ö, because all my other documents show the oe.
„Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.“
Albert Einstein

gbhsmp

Post by gbhsmp » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:05 pm

fwd079 wrote:
beinghuman wrote:Brilliant :D

Thanks for your reply
A small heads up if you are thinking of using Check-and-Send service, some Post Offices have ill-informed staff, like in my case they insisted on grandparents DOB, Marriage and City details, even though I tried clearing but to no avail, so I asked for a paper and just wrote their names and rest as "UNKNOWN". Got my passport within three weeks.
I had a different experience with check-and-send.
I had not filled-up my grandparent's details. The person in the counter said that it will not be their liability if the application gets rejected. I asked them to go ahead and the person in the counter went and called the HMPO and got back saying that they are fine with it since mine is naturalisation application.

My application processing did not have any issues ... I must say I had the feeling that HMPO are good in reasoning and very considerate. So nothing to fear in passport application. Afterall passport cannot be denied to British citizen. It is just that if there was a grave mistake it might take some more time (trials) to get it done.

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:20 am

Hi there,
I would like to apply for first British passport as part of '' family application'' including my wife and my child using check and send service.However, post office told me they will send the applications in different envelopes .
Is that OK or I should send them myself as a package in one envelope ?
Please advise

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:09 pm

gbhsmp wrote: I had a different experience with check-and-send.
I had not filled-up my grandparent's details. The person in the counter said that it will not be their liability if the application gets rejected. I asked them to go ahead and the person in the counter went and called the HMPO and got back saying that they are fine with it since mine is naturalisation application.

My application processing did not have any issues ... I must say I had the feeling that HMPO are good in reasoning and very considerate. So nothing to fear in passport application. Afterall passport cannot be denied to British citizen. It is just that if there was a grave mistake it might take some more time (trials) to get it done.
Exactly, as I said some Post Office staff are ill informed, but as time passes this will hopefully be cleared all over the country.

stokbrig wrote:Hi there,
I would like to apply for first British passport as part of '' family application'' including my wife and my child using check and send service.However, post office told me they will send the applications in different envelopes .
Is that OK or I should send them myself as a package in one envelope ?
Please advise
Completely your choice, as far as I understand you all three are just applying at the same time, but they are three applications as far as HMPO is concerned, so if you want to use check-and-send, they'll treat them as three different applications too. Sending in one envelop doesnt change this.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:01 pm

Completely your choice, as far as I understand you all three are just applying at the same time, but they are three applications as far as HMPO is concerned, so if you want to use check-and-send, they'll treat them as three different applications too. Sending in one envelop doesnt change this.[/quote]

Thanks fwd079, I think there are many good reasons for sending all of my family members' applications in one envelope and still place each application in their own smaller envelopes to ensure that the photos and any supporting documents stay with the proper application. it mentions to send the applications of all family members together in one envelope in the previous guide:
'' If you are applying for passports for other members of your family, send all your applications in one envelope''
I am told that they accept one payment to cover all of the applications that are being submitted together so why they don't accept to send all the applications in one envelope now?!