ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (G) BRP -RESTRICTED WORK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tier2ilr

Tier 2 (G) BRP -RESTRICTED WORK

Post by tier2ilr » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:33 pm

Hi

I have recently been given Tier 2 (G) for me & my spouse for 3 years and 10 months.On BRP its mentioned "RESTRICTED WORK" & then below that my COS number is mentioned where as my For my dependent they wrote Restricted Work as well.

Previously it was not mentioned and on Visa it was mentioned as Work Allowed.I am confused do i need to contact BRP Error team for this or is it now the usual routine to write this?

Am i/Spouse restricted to work if yes How?

Urgent response please as its almost more then 8 working days passed now and its mentioned that error Dept. can be contacted in 10 working days .

Thanks

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 (G) BRP -RESTRICTED WORK

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:56 pm

This is the usual text. It means that your dependent is not allowed to work as doctor or nurse. Anything else is fine.

tier2ilr

Post by tier2ilr » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:27 pm

Thanks moonlight55

So it means that me & my spouse can work as usual. Is there any UKBA ref if employer creates any issue?

Thanks

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:15 pm

Yes. And the employers should know it. I do not have the reference handy, but if you read around on gov.uk, you should find it. FYI - My spouse is currently working on dependent visa and no issues.

thereissiva
Newly Registered

Post by thereissiva » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:15 pm

Thanks for the info.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:18 pm

FYI The UKBA was disbanded in March 2013 due to being unfit for purpose and superseded by the UKVI in April 2013. Any links to UKBA information will therefore be out of date.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.