ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry refusal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kellyanne13
Newly Registered

Entry refusal

Post by kellyanne13 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:31 am

In July 2012, after overstaying my Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa by about two weeks, I was refused entry to the UK after attempting to fly in and out as part of a six week travel itinerary following the expiration of my visa. I was sent back to Spain, I have a NZ passport.

I have a trip to Paris booked for July, it will be three years on and I have a new passport. I am in the process of sending away a subject access request but wondering if anybody can tell me whether I would be rejected from the UK if I tried to enter again. I would be traveling from Paris to London for a weekend.

I found this online: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _0_ext.pdf

Which seems to say that since I overstayed less than six months and it was more than two years ago, that there would be any general grounds for refusal.

Anybody with any knowledge about whether I will be refused again?

ouflak1

Re: Entry refusal

Post by ouflak1 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:59 pm

You will face some very difficult, perhaps even awkward questions.
kellyanne13 wrote:In July 2012, after overstaying my Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa by about two weeks, I was refused entry to the UK after attempting to fly in and out as part of a six week travel itinerary following the expiration of my visa. I was sent back to Spain, I have a NZ passport.
Why did you try to reenter the UK on an expired visa?

[quote="kellyanne13"I have a trip to Paris booked for July, it will be three years on and I have a new passport. I am in the process of sending away a subject access request but wondering if anybody can tell me whether I would be rejected from the UK if I tried to enter again. I would be traveling from Paris to London for a weekend.[/quote]

Apply for a visit visa. If you get that, atleast you will have this advantage when trying to enter the country.

[/quote]
I found this online: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _0_ext.pdf

Which seems to say that since I overstayed less than six months and it was more than two years ago, that there would (not) be any general grounds for refusal.

Anybody with any knowledge about whether I will be refused again?[/quote]

They can and will refuse anybody if they aren't totally convinced that the person will not leave in the time they say. Get a visitor visa. If you can convince the UK that you deserve that, your chances are much better when you actually try to enter.

wf
Member of Standing

Re: Entry refusal

Post by wf » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:10 pm

Why did you try to reenter the UK on an expired visa?
OP is eligible for visa on arrival, hence they would have been attempting entry on a new tourist visa, rather than the expired T5.

Given the new circumstances, OP should aply for a visa before departing, which ordinarily should be granted given the length of time since the overstay. They will face more difficulty if attempting to gain a visa on arrival.