ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC for child born abroad

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

faislondon
BANNED

BC for child born abroad

Post by faislondon » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:09 pm

Dear All,

My child was born abroad last year in feb 2014. She just turned 1 year old this feb. I am on ILR in UK. Also I am planning to apply for my wife and kids Settlement visa from Mumbai-India in July this year.

I just wanted to know what options I have to register her as a British Citizen?. I am planning to apply for naturalisation after Aug this year.

Gurus kindly please help with your expertise.

Thank you
Nothing is permanent whatever you have enjoy it :-)

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: BC for child born abroad

Post by Mauser1905 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:23 pm

See below sticky thread in British Citizenship forum:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html
born abroad

If the child was born outside the UK, then once one parent applies for naturalisation, the child can apply for Registration under section 3(1). The is application at discretion and the HO would expect that the other parent to hold (or to be close to holding) a ILR/PR status.
For the guidelines on Registration at discretion see section 9.17.
Your child wont be eligible to apply under Section 3(1) until you receive citizenship.

regards