ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

With which document back to UK after ask passport back EEA2?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

YANTING
Newly Registered

With which document back to UK after ask passport back EEA2?

Post by YANTING » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:03 pm

Dear all,

Nice to mee you here.
I m in waiting EEA2 since 13/11/2014.
I have COA 03/Dec/ 2014.
and now I need to ask back my passport for a urgetn travel.

I worry about whether I could come back to UK and with which document/Visa?

In fact, I have bought the fly tickets long time ago when we lived in Paris, I will travel with my familly to the other country next month.

I heard that they will send me an A4 paper WHICH IS KNOWN AS AN IMMIGRATION STATUS DOCUMENT, does this document allow me back to london?
(my last eea family permit visa valid till January of 2015, and I have to take care of my children who have to go back to school in UK after the trip....)

Thanking you for your kind help.
Yanting

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: With which document back to UK after ask passport back E

Post by Jambo » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:58 pm

Are you a visa national? Then you will either need a RC, EEA Family Permit or travel by land (as airline will not let you board without a visa).

If you are not a visa national, the CoA would be enough to get you in.

The A4 ISD is what you will get when a decision is made and the HO doesn't have your passport. This is basically the RC vignette on a piece of paper.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

YANTING
Newly Registered

Post by YANTING » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:38 am

Jambo wrote:Are you a visa national? Then you will either need a RC, EEA Family Permit or travel by land (as airline will not let you board without a visa).

If you are not a visa national, the CoA would be enough to get you in.

The A4 ISD is what you will get when a decision is made and the HO doesn't have your passport. This is basically the RC vignette on a piece of paper.
Thank you Jambo for your reply.
I m Visa national but I get a French RC, So I will fly back to Paris and then my husband will drive from Paris to Lundon with me after the trip.
I called 03001232253 yesterday, they said they still have not a decision.

So , I have asked my passport online and I will try if I could be back with my french RC and COA, If not, I have to apply Visa from Paris.I will try to call 02087456801 for more info today.

I checked in the forum peopel only talked about how to ask passport back , but I didnt find any info about "with which document we can come back to UK". I just wonderting how they come back without UK RC?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:42 pm

The problem is not getting into the UK (the CoA would do that job) but to get the border. If you drive from Paris, you should be fine. Most people asking for a passport either have a valid Family Permit or dont need a visa for the UK.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)