ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

comprehensive medical insurance

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nurfimia
Newly Registered

comprehensive medical insurance

Post by nurfimia » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:53 pm

Hi,
My partner had applied for British citizenship and he received letter to attach comprehensive medical insurance and payslips in form of official bank statements. He has been working during all 5 years (with two gaps while he lost his job, he was 2 months without it and after a year 3 months without job again). During this time (all 5 years) he has been studying in college part time, he did not have comprehensive medical insurance. I have found on this forum, that comprehensive medical insurance isn't necessary if person is working during studies or family member of this person is working (my partner live with his parents who have been working continuously 7 years).

"If you were a student you need to have private health insurance for the duration of your studies (without employment). The ways to get around it:
1. If you worked during studies as workers don't need insurance.
2. If you had private health insurance.
3. If you have a non-UK EHIC or can produce a letter from the health authoristies in your home country that you have been covered by them during studies
4. If you are a family member of a working (in the UK) EEA national (your wife/parents).
5. If you applied (although not mandatory) for a Registration Certificate as a student. "

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 59229.html

Could you tell me in which document/legislation I can find informations related to my topic?

Thanks

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: comprehensive medical insurance

Post by milan69 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:05 pm

I am not an expert in this but I think only if you are studying or being economically self-sufficient is that have to have comprehensive sickness insurance in place (in order not to become a financial burden on the host state).
As far as I know if you are continuously working than you are excessing rights.
I am sometimes wrong.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: comprehensive medical insurance

Post by Jambo » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:54 pm

Well in the form AN Q2.4 - how did you exercise treaty rights? Did he answer by employment or studies? If he stated employment, CSI not required. If studies, then the HO would expect to see CSI.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)