ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to package my migration application and evidence?

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Allan
Newly Registered

How to package my migration application and evidence?

Post by Allan » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:00 pm

hello, this is my first post to this forum..

I have already completed my Skills Assesment as an IT Egnineer, and have received a positive letter from the ACS. I am now gathering all the required evidence for my visa application.

If anybody has experience of submitting the final application I would be greatfull if they could assist me with the questions below...

How should I go about presenting all the evidence I have?
Single items of evidence are applicable to multiple sections of the check list. For example I am asked to send all evidence that I used as part of my skills assesment. Much of this evidence is also required to satisfy recent work experience requirements. Should I include two copies of this evidence? or is it best to just put it all in an evelope and have the migration officer sort it out? Or should I index it all in some way, with title pages againts each piece of evidence etc etc?

Will the migration office contact me via email or post if they require further information?

I am a native english speaker, what evidence can I provide to prove this?

thank you for your assistance.

Allan.

kal

Post by kal » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:03 am

HI Allan,

Could you please advice how long did it took to get the approval?? please advice, I am intending to apply for Australian Immigration, could you please explain the whole process.

Thanks

Kal

Moheb
Newly Registered

Post by Moheb » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:23 am

Hi Allan & Kal

I'm Moheb, I was in your exact position 3 years ago applying for immigration to Australia and didn't have a clue how long it would take and how to do it, but now I'm here in Sydney and have my Aus passport woo hoo!

I've built a free website about Australia for immigrants, will answer all your questions on the forum on how to get here and what to expect

you can visit my free website anytime at http://www.FreeHegra.com

thanks and good luck with your immigration!

Moheb

kal

Post by kal » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:29 am

Thanks alot Moheb.

Great work man.

Keep it up

kal

Moheb
Newly Registered

Post by Moheb » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:37 am

Hi Kal
glad you like it
you can post your questions and comments in the discussions area http://www.freehegra.com/Discussions.html (no need to sign up) :)

kal

Post by kal » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:04 am

Hi Moheb,

I already registered with ur discussion forum, and emailed U as well,

Pls reply with ur advice and guidance

Thanks

kal

thinker

Moheb

Post by thinker » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:53 am

I saw your website for documents that are necessary to be sent alongwith the visa application (http://www.freehegra.com/Checklist-for-Documents.html). Your website says that the applicant should submit "Original copy of birth certificate (and translation in English if the originalbirth certificate is in a different language) or other proof of age" as a proof of age.

This is completely wrong mate. Immigration dept NEVER says you should submit ORIGINAL documents. It should be submitted only if they specifically ask for.

Ok look at it this way, if someone has no birth certificate but has only the passport as a proof of age, then do you suggest submitting the Original passport?

Moheb
Newly Registered

Post by Moheb » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:12 pm

hi thinker
As you yourself have indicated http://www.FreeHegra.com says original COPY of birth certificate, what I meant by that is you can't send a faxed copy or a scanned copy, the reason behind this is that all original copies are stamped as "Original has been sighted and this is a truthful copy of the original" followed by the date and surname of the officer.

However I absolutely agree with you, it's quite vague, I'll try to rephrase it so nobody gets mixed up, I really appreciate your help thinker and if you have any more comments and suggestions please let me know.

Thanks again!
PS: If you could email me all your concerns or post them in the discussions forum on FreeHegra it'll be easier for me to check them!

have a great day!
Moheb

rely

Post by rely » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:28 am

Moheb seems to be a nice guy.
rely

Moheb wrote:hi thinker
As you yourself have indicated http://www.FreeHegra.com says original COPY of birth certificate, what I meant by that is you can't send a faxed copy or a scanned copy, the reason behind this is that all original copies are stamped as "Original has been sighted and this is a truthful copy of the original" followed by the date and surname of the officer.

However I absolutely agree with you, it's quite vague, I'll try to rephrase it so nobody gets mixed up, I really appreciate your help thinker and if you have any more comments and suggestions please let me know.

Thanks again!
PS: If you could email me all your concerns or post them in the discussions forum on FreeHegra it'll be easier for me to check them!

have a great day!
Moheb

pyke

Post by pyke » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:56 pm

That's an interesting question! Which approach did you take, Allan?

tamerca
Newly Registered

thnx

Post by tamerca » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:10 am

this is a great website and full of informations

really Thanks a 1,000,000 :)