ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for my sons.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Onin
Newly Registered

British Citizenship for my sons.

Post by Onin » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:49 am

I am a British national lining in Indonesia and have been for over 20 years.
I am married to an Indonesian lady and have two sons aged 13 and 19 years old who both have Indonesian passports.
I believe it is possible for my two sons to become British citizens and have British passports due to me being the father.
Can anyone please let me know the correct way to go about this.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: British Citizenship for my sons.

Post by Jambo » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:03 am

Are you British from birth? Through your parents? Were you born in the UK?

British citizen can only pass British citizenship once generation if born abroad so if you received BC by decent, you can't pass it further. If you BC other than by decent, you should be able to pass the citizenship and the children would be British. All they need is to apply for a passport (if you wish).
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Onin
Newly Registered

Post by Onin » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:20 am

Yes I was born in the UK.

Onin
Newly Registered

Post by Onin » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:28 am

Jambo wrote:Are you British from birth? Through your parents? Were you born in the UK?

British citizen can only pass British citizenship once generation if born abroad so if you received BC by decent, you can't pass it further. If you BC other than by decent, you should be able to pass the citizenship and the children would be British. All they need is to apply for a passport (if you wish).
Thank you very much for your reply.
Yes I am British by birth, mother and farther both British, I live with mother and both children in Indonesia. Is it possibele to do this without going back to the UK?
Thanks in advance.

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:47 am

Onin wrote:
Jambo wrote:Are you British from birth? Through your parents? Were you born in the UK?

Thank you very much for your reply.
Yes I am British by birth, mother and farther both British, I live with mother and both children in Indonesia. Is it possibele to do this without going back to the UK?
Thanks in advance.
Since you were born in UK and are British by birth, your children are British by decent. You can apply for their passport at British HC.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:19 am

So they are British from birth and can (if you wish) apply for a passport. See here how to apply for it.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)