ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa for aunt and cousin

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

etrab
Newly Registered

Visitor Visa for aunt and cousin

Post by etrab » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:30 pm

Hi all,
Couldn't find the right forum to post this in so I'm creating a new topic. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot!
I would really, really, appreciate your help on this matter.

My husband is applying for his aunt (age 60) and cousin (age 37) to visit the UK from Pakistan for a short holiday stay (1 month). He will be paying for the entire trip, including tickets, accommodation and food. His aunt does not work and his cousin only works part-time for very minimum income per month (Rs. 3000 -- which is like 30 pounds). In Pakistan, they are both dependents of my uncle's husband but we do not have his financial information.

My husband is submitting pay slips and a bank statement showing money in his account. He is also submitting a letter of employment and a letter of invitation letting UKVI know that he will be paying for the entire trip.

1. Are my husband's finances sufficient for them to get the visa?

2. I understand that we need to file separate applications for them online. But do we need to submit separate supporting documents too? (e.g. 2 letters of invitation and 2 sets of bank statements, etc.)

3. Under the INCOME & EXPENDITURE section of the application, we wrote the following for his cousin. Does this make sense???

Income and Expenditure
Do you have savings, properties or other income, for example from stocks and shares? No
How much do you spend each month on living costs? £0 (Cousin doesn't spend anything. Her dad provides).
How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants? £0 (She doesn't spend anything on anyone).
What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)? £0 (My husband is paying for everything).
The total amount of money you have for this trip? £0 (Again, my husband is paying for everything).
The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets. £900
The cost of your accommodation. £0 (She will be living with us).
The cost of your living expenses . £0 (We will be paying for living expenses).
Is someone other than you paying for all or a part of your trip? Yes
What is the total cost of your trip, including money others may be giving you, in GBP(£)? £2000 (All this paid by my husband)

* We have the same answers for his aunt as well.*

Your help would really be appreciated! Looking forward to your answers.
Thank you!
Eish

ban.s

Re: Visitor Visa for aunt and cousin

Post by ban.s » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:36 pm

etrab wrote:
1. Are my husband's finances sufficient for them to get the visa?
Finance doesn't alone guarantee visa approval. It's just one part of the requirement.

In addition to the finance, the applicants need to demonstrate sufficient ties with their home country - that would satisfy the visa officier that on balance of probabilities the applicants would return back on completion of the trip i.e. not overstay their visas.

etrab
Newly Registered

Post by etrab » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:53 pm

Hi Ban.S,
Thanks for your reply back. What else could we show for ties of country? My husband's aunt doesn't work or own property. His cousin works part-time for a small amount of pay, but we are not showing the pay slips for that as she doesn't have a bank account. I am worried that because they are not showing their own finances (that is, aunt's husband's/cousin's father's financial history) that the visa would be rejected. That was the reason I was asking if my husband's finances are enough for the purposes of the trip or do they need to show income history in pakistan as well.

Also, could you or someone else comment on the other questions I posted?
Thanks again for your help!

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:08 pm

etrab wrote:Hi Ban.S,
Thanks for your reply back. What else could we show for ties of country? My husband's aunt doesn't work or own property. His cousin works part-time for a small amount of pay, but we are not showing the pay slips for that as she doesn't have a bank account. I am worried that because they are not showing their own finances (that is, aunt's husband's/cousin's father's financial history) that the visa would be rejected. That was the reason I was asking if my husband's finances are enough for the purposes of the trip or do they need to show income history in pakistan as well.

Do not waste money and time by applying. It would be a straight refusal
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

etrab
Newly Registered

Post by etrab » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:56 pm

Thanks for your reply back, guys. I guess my question is what can we do to make the application successful?

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:08 pm

Zee ali wrote:
etrab wrote:Hi Ban.S,

Do not waste money and time by applying. It would be a straight refusal
Your husband's finances MAY be sufficient, provided applicants show strong ties to home country and demonstrate very strong reasons why they would return to home country without overstaying in the UK if granted visitor visa. If you and your applicant's cant fulfil all the documentation/evidences etc as suggested then if I were you I would take up Zee Alli's advice!

Suggest also read similar threads here to understand what has been discussed already.

Please have a keen look in this guidance document with latest credibility and intentions for visitor visa:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 5_0EXT.pdf

etrab
Newly Registered

Post by etrab » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:47 pm

Thanks Mauser for your detailed reply! Appreciate it and will look into the link you provided.

Aimy
Newly Registered

Post by Aimy » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:17 am

Last edited by Aimy on Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: how to take printout of application from visa4uk.fco.gov

Post by Mauser1905 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:34 pm

Aimy wrote:On website visa4uk.fco.gov, I've saved application for family visitor visa. Now want to take printout

I have saved my application,
Now system asks me to CONFIRM APPLICATION,
On Confirming application, system asks me to SUBMIT APPLICATION ( after reviewing my entered inf0)
If I submit the application then System asks me to click on Sign-In Declaration...

Before Sign-in Declaration, Can I take print out of my submitted application.... I couldn't find any option in order to take printout from site visa4uk.fco.gov...

I don't want to pay online...
Can anyone plz guide how to get print out....
Suggest start a new thread.