ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 APPLICATION UNDER 1(3) UK BORN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dal

MN1 APPLICATION UNDER 1(3) UK BORN

Post by Dal » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:27 pm

Hello,

I am Portuguese and sent my child application through Haringey NCS (09/03/2015). The officer told me to fill the Qs 2.1 and 2.2 .
My child (4 years) is a UK BORN and never lived abroad .He only spent 2 weeks holydays in Lisbon.

I left Q 2.3 and Q 2.4 in blank as the officer didn't tell me to fill it .

Should I fill them or they are not relevant for my child :? :? ? I Just read a post saying that Section 2 is mandatory for all children .
I am worried about it .The application was delivered today at HO.

Thank you in advance!

Dal

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 APPLICATION UNDER 1(3) UK BORN

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:11 am

2.3 and 2.4 should have been completed, especially if the child has been out of the UK on a holiday. HO will write to you if they need more information.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:47 am

No need to worry. NCS knew what they are doing.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Dal

Post by Dal » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:51 am

Thank you a lot CR001!

Jambo thank you once again, you did reply my previous post and you were right.

I was thinking to fill another Section 2 e send it again to HO or ring to NCS officer to talk about it.
just a thought.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:00 pm

Sorry Dal and thanks Jambo for correcting.

Was advising per NCS advice when I did my daughters app (not born in UK) so was relevant to complete.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mohami5
Newly Registered

Post by mohami5 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi I wonder if any expert can guide me. I have a similar situation and need some advice.

I have been granted ILR this year, I have two children UK Born, I did not apply for their ILR. We went in person for the visa and when the officer asked are you applying ILR for your children we told they are born in the UK and they were ok with it. ( as we can apply for child registration for BC)
We are Indian national so my kids had Tier 1 visa as my dependent.
The Tier 1 dependent visa runs out this week for both of my sons does it matter if it runs out as I have anyhow switched my category and got my ILR ?
Do I have to apply for child registration with in this time - The MN1 from says you can apply for children under 18 years old. ( my children are under 7 anyway)

Question1: Is the old Tier 1 dependent visa relevant to minor born in the UK after parent switch to ILR ? MN1 does not ask about any visa
Question2: if I apply via NCS will they ask me why I have not applied with in the Tier 1 visa validate date if chose to apply next month ?

Dal

Post by Dal » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:03 pm

No problem CR001.

Mohami5 , wish I could help you with that but don't no anything about it.
However, I suggest you to create your own topic as you will get more replies.

Best wishes!

mohami5
Newly Registered

Post by mohami5 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:31 pm

Thanks for your help, I have submit the application through NCS.
It was very simple, they did not even check the old visa as my kids ware born in the UK.
Kids Birth Certificate as they are born in the UK.
anyone parents ILR BRP card, in my case I signed the declaration so they took my ILR BRP card. and took a photo copy of birth certs and my BRP.
They gone through the MN1 form and the payment card. checked the payment details and give us a receipt acknowledgement.