ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has to wait 1 year after getting PR for British Citizenship?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zsigmond
Newly Registered

Has to wait 1 year after getting PR for British Citizenship?

Post by Zsigmond » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:39 pm

[I am an EEA citizen from Hungary. I had obtained my permanent resident certificate last week from Home Office. I am a second year LLB Law student in a university in London. I was required to prove my English skills when I received my place to study law in 2013. My latest IELTS certificate is still valid until August 2015.
I would like to obtain information in terms of my status which is full time 2nd year undergraduate LLB law student, Am i still required to prove my English when a will attempt to apply for British Citizenship or the confirmation of my enrollment by the relevant institution is sufficient?
I am aware that I still required to pass Life in England exam however i am confused about how I can bring evidence of my English skills into the light sufficiently.
Best Regards
Zsigmond

Yes i have comprehensive sickness insurance as that is vital requirement from a full time student in order to obtain qualifiying permanent residency that i have by now.
Furthermoe, when i commenced my studies i had to prove B2 in order to get my place.

Why should i wait 12 months from receiving the PR ? IS that a Law which requires that ? Thank you for you answers.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Has to wait 1 year after getting PR for British Citizens

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:09 am

when i commenced my studies i had to prove B2 in order to get my place.
Do you have the test certificate of this? You have to submit the English Test certificate with your application.
Why should i wait 12 months from receiving the PR ? IS that a Law which requires that ?
Yes it is a requirement of the nationality laws, unless you are married to a British Citizen, which is the only time it does not apply if you have 3 years legal residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Has to wait 1 year after getting PR for British Citizens

Post by Jambo » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:50 am

You need to wait 1 year from obtaining PR status not from obtaining the certificate (although waiting for 1 year after the certificate will cut the paperwork required). See Q1, Q5 in the FAQ (link below).
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)