ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required for OCI APPLICATION 1

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Easy Tiger

Documents required for OCI APPLICATION 1

Post by Easy Tiger » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:52 pm

Hi , me and son were born and raised in the UK who hold British passport and my wife was born and raised in Indian with Indian passport. me and son would like to apply for OCI and would like to know what documents we have to submit with our application.

can someone tell me what documents me and son have to submit as British passport holders and what documents my wife has to submit to support our joint OCI application.

thanks

easy tiger

PrestonLancs

Re: Documents required for OCI APPLICATION 1

Post by PrestonLancs » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:38 pm

Documents are easy.

Just visit HCI london website, and follow the links.

There is a full list of documents they require for either type of application for OCI. :wink:

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:03 pm

hi , thanks for reply much appreciated. would i just need a copy of wife's passport and her originals date of birth certificate from India to support my and ours sons OCI application. but what would i need. i understand that march 14th 2015 all OCI application will done through VFS Global and not onto HCI not directly with the high commission.

im just not 100% sure about the documents required even reading the HCI or VFS Global website. i would really appreciate if someone could put mind at ease with what documents i should provide.

thanks

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:28 pm

hi , could someone with experience of this current OCI process please tell me what documents i need for mine and my sons applcation for OCI on the basis of my wife who has is a Indian passport holder.

thanks

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:16 am

Hi , anyone who has applied for OCI would mind answering my question , it would be mostly appreciated.

Thanks

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:25 pm

Hi , I just need someone on this forum to tell what documents I need to support mine and my sons OCI application because of my wife as she has Indian passport.

But I guess it's hard to get the help u need on this forum.

thanks

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:07 pm

?????????

samkma
Member of Standing

Post by samkma » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:59 pm

Easy Tiger wrote:Hi , I just need someone on this forum to tell what documents I need to support mine and my sons OCI application because of my wife as she has Indian passport.
But I guess it's hard to get the help u need on this forum.
thanks

Sorry for not being able to help, but can I ask have you tried searching this topic?
Also I suggest email to
customerrelations@vfshelpline.com
with a cc to info.london@hcilondon.in

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:49 pm

I haven't found anything here that explain and helps me with my question. All I need to know is what documents I need to support mine and my sons OCI application that's it.

I'm look at the hci/Vfs websites and I'm still not 100 % sure exactly what documents I will need. So if anyone on here can just tell me what documents i will need , i will really appreciate it and be thankful to u all.

Thanks

samkma
Member of Standing

Post by samkma » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:39 am

Easy Tiger wrote:I haven't found anything here that explain and helps me with my question. All I need to know is what documents I need to support mine and my sons OCI application that's it.
I'm look at the hci/Vfs websites and I'm still not 100 % sure exactly what documents I will need. So if anyone on here can just tell me what documents i will need , i will really appreciate it and be thankful to u all.
Thanks

As your query is not common situation there will be lesser applicants who had to take this route.

Have you checked your eligibility for OCI? - http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/OCI.html
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:38 am

Hi , I've checked my eligbille to apply thoroughly either my wife or dad who both have Indian passports.

I'm having trouble finding out what documents I will need. I have emailed the hoi/Vfs for any information but still haven't heard anything from them.

Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:18 pm

Documents required for Applicants born in India/Abroad and applying on the basis of Parents/Grand Parents/Spouse: wrote:
Applicant who are born in India/abroad and wish to apply on the basis of their parents/grand parents’/spouse Indian origin) must furnish the below documents

A copy of their full version birth certificate/marriage certificate along with the Indian origin proof of their parents/grandparents/spouse must be furnished by the applicants to prove their link with them.

For any other foreign-born applicant Birth Certificate must be in full version and it has to be translated in Hindi/English by a reputed and registered translation authority.

Copy of Indian Passport or copy of Indian Empire passport (stating the status of holder “Indian by birth” or “British protected person native of Indian state”...). Please note that the Indian empire passport stating the status ‘British Subject’ is not accepted for OCI.

Indian Birth Certificate/Education Certificate (If post-dated, the signature of the issuing authority should be verified by District Magistrate/Deputy Collector of the same district - (in original).

Domicile Certificate of the applicant or of his/her parents/grandparents issued from concerned Competent Authority in India i.e. District Magistrate/Collectors/Sub Divisional Magistrate may also be accepted as a proof of Indian Origin (in original).
Agriculture land documents.

Nativity Certificate (in original): If the applicant is unable to produce any documentary proof of parents/grandparents or self. He/she must submit the Nativity Certificate in the prescribed performa as per link below. The Nativity Certificate should be certified by the District Magistrate/District Collector of the area with name, stamp, seal and contact telephone numbers with area code for verification.

Please note that if the applicant was born in India and is submitting a nativity certificate, then he/she needs to submit a notarised affidavit from UK stating the fact about his/her Indian passport and how he/she traveled to UK.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:04 pm

hi , can someone please confirm if the following documents are acceptable in support of me and sons OCI application through my wife who has a indian support.

WIFE (Indian Passport Holder)
- copy of indian passport
- marriage certificate
- Date of birth certificate
- High School Certificate

Me and My Sons ( British Passport Holder)
- Copy of British passport for me and son
- Full Date of birth certificate
- 2 Photos each

is their anything i'm missing form above to include with this OCI application , do i need all of the above documents

Thanks

-

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:30 pm

Hi, I would appreciate it if anyone could confirm if the documents mentioned in my previous post will be enough to support our OCI application.

Thanks

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:41 pm

Hi , I would really appreciate an answer to my previous question from anyone who's has recently allocated for PCI card.

I don't think it's too much to ask for help to a question from people who have applied for OCI card and the documents required. I just need to reassured as the documents I going to submit are right.

Thanks

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:30 pm

Hi , how many times does it take to post a question on here before it gets answered. Someone on here got answerd the first if not second time I posted a question about oci documents.

Is it really to much to ask to get answer to question on here !

Thanks

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:34 pm

?

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:34 pm

??????

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:35 pm

????

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:16 pm

Hi ,so I assume there is no one on forum to help me with question then. Well that's just great , that really is ! I find it hard the question I want answered has not posted on here which is again what documents are actually need for OCI application through spouse.

What a waste of time posting questions on here is !

ramtheconqueror

Post by ramtheconqueror » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:13 pm

Hi,

I recently applied for OCI for my son (British citizen). These are the documents I submitted.

OCI application
Original British passport
Birth certificate
nationality certificate
Address proof (should have your name & your wife name)
letter requesting OCI (from your wife as you are applying on the basis of her indian passport)
2 passport photos (different from UK size)

take photocopies of all the above said documents as well. all the photocopies should be self attested by you and your wife.
VFS will check and will give you the originals back.

i also submitted an affidavit from notary confirming that my son never had indian passport. i'm not sure whether you still need with VFS taking over these. (i still submitted as i was preparing to send to consulate but VFS took over from march beginning).

hope this helps.

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:31 pm

Hi , first of all thank you for taking the time to answer my question much appreciated. As me and son who have British passports applying on the basis of my wife who is a Indian passport holder I have the follwing documents but which should include -

Marriage certificate
high school certificate
Date of birth certificate

Me and my son
- copies of British passport
- sons full date of birth certificate

Please advise if I need anything else

Thanks again for previous post !

Thanks

ramtheconqueror

Post by ramtheconqueror » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:26 pm

Take all the documents to VFS along with photocopies (that is what I've done). They will ask/take whatever they want. They didn't take our marriage certificate.

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:23 am

Hi , do I need to get the all the documents I will photocopy attested by a solictor or can I self attest the documents by simply writing self attests on each document submitted , signing and dating it.

Also did u recently apply got PCI or have just got one.

Thanks

ricky123
Newly Registered

Post by ricky123 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:30 pm

Hi I am planning on applying for my OCI next week. I have recently received British citizenship. I was Indian citizen before. I have also just received my passport surrender certificate. While applying for my OCI do I also have to show my Birth Certificate? I have researched the VFS website but I am a bit confused and hence will appreciate if a senior member can just answer in yes or no.