ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Helping a relative whos refused asylum case

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shan2015
Newly Registered

Helping a relative whos refused asylum case

Post by shan2015 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:37 pm

I have issue one of my cousin family asylum case is refused, I don’t know how and what they applied etc. now their lawyer suggesting I a British Citizen write a letter with my passport copy to them and HO saying I will be helping them financially to process this appeal and I will be helping them etc.

I haven’t seen the letter but is any one heard about this ? I want to help them but don’t want to get in to any sort of legal fee and HO fees on my self.

I’m going to get my parents on a famliy visit visa soon too will that cause any issues

aiza78601

Re: Helping a relative whos refused asylum case

Post by aiza78601 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:49 pm

home office has nothing to do about who is going to pay for appeal or lawyer expenses.lawyer is absolutely wrong and i dont know y he is forcing u to submit ur passport copy etc
all he need to do is to lodge appeal to hmts court ,he can get free lawyer and legal aid if he is getting asylum support(housing+cash support) ,but if he is not getting nass support he can go to refugee council they will provide him free lawyer.also there is one more way to present his case in court,he can defend himself without lawyer ,he will use the form which he get with his decision just fill the form and send to court within 14 days and wait for court hearing date.

shan2015
Newly Registered

Post by shan2015 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:02 pm

Thank you I never heard about this too. I think the lawyer is trying to make sure he get the fee even if the appeal refused,

they do get cash+ house support because HO housed them some where in North, I think they wanted to use their own lawyer. I'm not going to take the responsibility for their fee though.

so their is no requirement from HO that they need to have some one helping them

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:08 pm

shan2015 wrote:so their is no requirement from HO that they need to have some one helping them?
Absolutely not. If the lawyer is suggesting this, then he is possibly attempting to get a hold of your passport and details so he can use it to extort a fee from you. It would be a crazy expectation that someone claiming asylum would need some kind of local support anyway. This would be very counter-intuitive to the nature of those kind of claims.

shan2015
Newly Registered

Post by shan2015 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:17 pm

Thank you very much, I have asked them to produce the letter before I sign and send my copy of passport which I might not do now.

this lawyer sounds very suspicious. If they can get free lawyers not sure why they are using paid ones, as far as I know they dont have any case and they never allowed to work..

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:48 pm

shan2015 wrote:Thank you very much, I have asked them to produce the letter before I sign and send my copy of passport which I might not do now.

this lawyer sounds very suspicious. If they can get free lawyers not sure why they are using paid ones, as far as I know they dont have any case and they never allowed to work..
crook using his would-be clients shoulder to point g-u-n to your wallet. Watch out.